Pop-Up Drain Assembly question

Users who are viewing this thread

Khayes

Reaction score
I know this is pretty basic. I have 2 new vanities with undermount sinks. The sinks are Kohler with the drain holes in the middle of the basins. The problem I have is the pop-up linkage is not long enough to reach the pull-up rod in the faucet. How do you handle this? All the older sinks I've seen had the drain hole located toward the back of the sink, but now that they are in the middle, the rods are too short.

One more question (maybe should be a new topic?)...on a Moen shower valve, is it possible to change the finish from brass to oil rubbed bronze with a trim kit or will I have to install a whole new valve?

Thanks for any help.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you know the model number of the Moen valve, then you can determine if there are still other trims available for it. You may be able to view the website and determine what model you have (if you don't know or can't find the documentation).

As to the pop-up, I've seen clamp on extensions to that lever but don't know if they are available as a standalone part. One of the pros might, or a good internet search.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The easiest way to extend the rod is with a "rod coupling" which has set screws to anchor it, (NOT the threaded kind), and a bolt or piece of plain rod the same size long enough to reach the mechanism. Depending on the model Moen valve you have, you probably need Moentrol trim, which is available in many newer finishes.

Last edited:

Khayes

Reaction score
Thanks Jim - I went out and bought another pop up assembly and used the bar, with a few bends, to jump over to the down rod. It works fine.

Ken

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks