WOW, what a movie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
At least no one has put a Brad Pitt movie in here.

I was building a big backyard and concrete spa in Hollywood, and Brad Pit was my hoddie and hole digger for a few weeks - was my brothers houseboy. [better not go there] Never met such a slow going phony in my life. Just wish I could find the pictures with him and a shovel. I doubt he's using his shovel except to move his gold eagles in the basement now.

The Assassination of Jesse James was pretty interesting. I spent some time in MO, and saw the James Farm, and the graves. See if you can find the pics they would be interesting to see, if you can. At the farm, they reenacted the night when the Pinkerton's by horses, had thrown the fire bomb into the farm, injuring their mom, and killing little Archie, if I remember right. I was mugged in MO, at a McDonalds.

Last edited:

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
What a feud! I am shocked both families are not wiped out. I missed the beginning so I have no idea what really started it or who. Does anyone know?
No, really Cookie, the Hatfields and McCoys are at peace today, and they have married into each other's family. It all started when they thought it was intentional poisoning that was killing off family members, but it was later found out that they had settled on land that was used for copper mining or something and the groundwater was poisoned by ther metals. Believe it or not, a recent episode of the TV show "Bones" was based on their story.Bones is one of my favorite TV shows. Can't wait till the new season starts
http://www.tv.com/shows/bones/the-family-in-the-feud-2389317/

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
I didn't know that. That was one huge battle between the families, kind of makes my family pales in comparison. :) I will have to try to catch, Bones.

Cookie

Reaction score
Watched a movie on HBO tonite called, Roomates. Peter Falk played in it, good movie, but a tear-jerker. Your wives will love it.... you will hate it, lol. FIlmed in Pittsburgh, lots of filmage of the city was neat to see.

Cookie

Reaction score
Here is a movie that will catch your attention. Made in 1995, with Jeff Goldblum, called, The Powder. Made me think of my high school days when, they thought I had cheated on an IQ test; and, LOL and, I had to do it again. Oh, the humanity.

It is a good movie. Well written, directed, and acting is superb. Story line is very different and interesting. I recommend it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powder_(film)

Powder is a 1995 film directed by Victor Salva, about a boy, nicknamed "Powder," with incredible intellect, telepathy, and paranormal powers. It stars Sean Patrick Flanery in the title role, with Jeff Goldblum, Mary Steenburgen, Bradford Tatum, Lance Henriksen, and Brandon Smith in supporting roles. The film questions the limits of the human mind and body while also displaying our capacity for cruelty; it raises hope that humanity will advance to a state of better understanding.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Alright, if that movie didn't float your boat I got another. How ironic that I was asked to go rock climbing just yesterday at the Laurel Highlands, and here I am watching, a movie, which if my broken finger didn't influence my decision, this movie certainly, did. The Canyon.

As usual, I didn't see the beginning but, I can tell you the middle & ending will have you gripping onto your seat.

Cookie

Reaction score
Now, if that movie doesn't satisfy you or meet your needs there is another one, actually, which takes place in Terry's neck of the woods. Seattle. It is called, Sleepless in Seattle. It is a sad movie with a happy ending. Shows lots of places in Seattle for those who haven't seen Seattle. Like me. There is a fish market there I would love to see along with the Space Needle. How ironic it was the last place my husband traveled to, did business in, and, I was supposed to go too, but, work prevailed. He really liked Seattle.

Now, I have seen this movie many times, and for those of you who have not, I would recommend it. Sad, but, if anyone lost their spouse like I did, it gives a small inspiration, a small hope, that you will find that certain someone again for a second chance of love and happiness. Magic, you will find magic.

Watch this movie, this chick flick, with a pizza, a pop, and a box of tissues.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
If you got a hour and some to spare and don't care wasting some of it, watch the movie, Basic with John Travolta. It is so twisty and confusing, it holds your attention because you just want to see what "twist" comes next. I won't watch it again, I am feeling dizzy. :)

Cookie

Reaction score
If you are an older person, let's say my age, what age is that? Well, if you are in your 50's or 60's, this movie is for you.
About Schmidt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/About_Schmidt

It makes me want to buy an RV and drive around it just to bug the insensitive people in this world. Great movie. :) Some offensive nudity shots, lol.

Cookie

Reaction score
In the movie, Hachi: A Dog's Tale, it shows that animals do grieve. I met with that when Tim died with his Bob the Cat. Bob stopped eating and drinking. How he knew this time was different than so many other times, the trips for months he would gone, even overseas, I don't know, but, Bob knew. He would sit on the window sill at 5 and wait. Then, he went to his box, and wouldn't come out. I was going to start him on IV's when, this one day, I was holding my husband's wallet, and decided for some reason to put it under his nose. There his eyes opened up, his ears stood up, and I put his wallet under Bob's pillow. And, there it stayed for the next 2 years. He fell asleep with it every night. Bob and I had a talk, and, I told him, I missed him too. Together Tim's cat, Bob & I sat. Bob turned 24 in January. I guess you could say he is my Hachi.

This movie is based on fact a real dog named Hachi, who waited on his buddy for 9 years at the train station, until, his death in 1934.

I take care of Tim's cat for him. But, I can tell the difference in him to this day. He still looks and waits and listens for his voice. I went to Aldi's today and got him a new box and he showed little interest in it.

If you haven't seen the movie, and you love animals, and don't mind crying a bit, it is a great movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hachi

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Alright, another sleepless night and instead of watching, the acclaimed, Sleepless in Seattle, I watched another surprisingly, good movie. The People Vs. Larry Fylnt. It is an older movie, made in 1996. Woody Harrleson from Cheers is really good in it. Did it make me want to go out and buy a Hustler? Nah... lol. but, the guy certainly, had or has an interesting life. Would I watch it again? I will pass, but, it was interesting to see once. Recommended movie to see on my list.

Cookie

Reaction score
Another good movie to watch. Jumping the Broom, definitely, a chick flick with a 4 star rating from most reviews. Why do I watch these movies and then, sit and cry? Oh... I am a chick. :) A good movie to bring home for movie night.

Waiting for, The Sessions, in October.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Now, for those of you who want a change in a movie, going from the funny to the kooky, this is my all-time favorite! Patch Adams.
Now, for those of who never heard of this great man, you really missed something. He was considered in medical school to be, " excessively happy!" They tried to stop him from graduating. The school, ends up applauding him, and said, " he carries a flame that spreads like a brushfire" and, hopes, that this " excessive happiness" will spread to all others.

Summary of the movie:

Hunter Adams is a troubled man who, in 1969, voluntarily commits himself to a mental institution. Depression. Once there, he finds that helping his fellow inmates gives his life new purpose. Inspired, he leaves the asylum and vows to become a doctor to help people professionally. However, what he finds at medical school is a sickeningly callous philosophy that advocates an arm's-length attitude toward patients and does not address their emotional needs or the quality of their lives. "Patch" Adams is determined to find a better way to help them, although the consequences of his defiance of the rules and the authorities are severe.

I watch it everytime it comes on tv, you can order it here:
http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&keywords=patch adams movie&page=1&rh=i:aps,k:patch adams movie

http://patchadams.org/
Fantastic compassionate man.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cookie

Reaction score
Think like a Man.

Anyone see this?

Cookie

Reaction score
You got to watch this movie from 2003. First time viewer here of the wonderful movie, The Big Fish.
I loved this movie. :) The movie is amazing. I want to see it again... and, like him, I want to become immortal.

Hj, you will love it!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Fish

Cookie

Reaction score
Home sick again, with Shingles. :( But, getting better, so, last day home to just watch movies, :) I am starting to watch what I think, might be, a pretty good movie. Louis Gossett Jr, & Teri Hatcher are playing in it. The Momentum, made in 2003.

Cookie

Reaction score
What a wash out! It at least gave me some much needed sleep. Good thing it was on tv, and I didn't pay for it. Wait! I did pay for it, I pay for cable! I want my money back.

Next up: Confessions of a Go-Go Girl. Now, I really want my money back. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks