poof! :)

Last edited:

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
ha ha ha ha, boy you are quick!
Yeah, it was like a "bad" movie.

poof! :)
don't give me too much credit; When you posted it, I got an email from terrylove with the first few sentences of each message, which in your very brief message this time was the complete message. I delete all those emails anyway

Cookie

Reaction score
huh? :) I am lost, sorry. That is okay... You do realize that I was just joking with you being fast?

I was talking about my part time job being like a bad movie, :(

Yes, mine deletes upon closing, too. Mostly, mine are from work and being I work 3 different jobs, and take classes I have to.

By the way, Bob, Terry, I was offered through 2 different places actually, for doing home inspections full-time. I will decide after the New Year. Unsure, yet. It all depends on the $.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
By the way, here is a movie I watched tonite, which was pretty funny at times, Hall Pass. Not a real family movie though. Christina Applegate plays in it.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
huh? :) I am lost, sorry. That is okay... You do realize that I was just joking with you being fast?

I was talking about my part time job being like a bad movie, :(

Yes, mine deletes upon closing, too. Mostly, mine are from work and being I work 3 different jobs, and take classes I have to.

By the way, Bob, Terry, I was offered through 2 different places actually, for doing home inspections full-time. I will decide after the New Year. Unsure, yet. It all depends on the $.

Yes, but I am somewhat fast, some call it half-fast!

If your last name were Holmes you could call your inspections "........" Nah, Mike has a TV show by that name and its © Good luck on that, and try to keep your face on;) ( :confused: lol)

Cookie

Reaction score
Here is another good movie, one of my favorite, I bet Terry likes this one, ( it has skiiing in it) Dumb and Dumber. Ever see this one?

Cookie

Reaction score
Yet, this one can't be easily beaten,
made in 1979, The Jerk, with Steve Martin. I frequently, think of that movie.

Ever see that one?

I love this quote from it:
~ For one dollar I'll guess your weight, your height, or your sex.~

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Here is another good movie, one of my favorite, I bet Terry likes this one, ( it has skiiing in it) Dumb and Dumber. Ever see this one?
The only Jim Carrey movie I liked was the Mask. After that, I can't stand him. To me, he tries to be like Jerry Lewis on the old TV show with Dean Martin, but is a poor imitation; my 2 cents. Maybe I lost my taste for that idiocy, even in these tough times.

Cookie

Reaction score
I have had better favorite actors, but I also, found his movie, Liar, Liar, funny. I never cared much for Jewis Lewis, his voice was annoying, I never found him very funny either.

Cookie

Reaction score
Watch & cry, & laugh at your own risk.
50/50

I was able to relate to a few things in it... quite easily. Too easily.

Cookie

Reaction score
Shucks. lol.

but, now, I watched another movie, another tear jerker, but, i believe it is a good movie, even if, on the religious side. Called, Courageous.

One part in it, reminded me of me... a man, a cop in the movie, didn't dance with his girl, his daughter, but, then, after she passes away from a drunk driver he goes and dances with her, saying, he is doing his side... oh, boy... i had to leave the room.

Ever since my husband's death, 7 years ago now, I still reach over to the passenger seat, while driving, and tell him to hold my hand. And, I talk to him, telling him everything about my life, the kids, the cats, everything. And, he hasn't changed, he still thinks I can talk the legs off of a chair, lol.

It is comforting, but, I wonder what the people think, at redlights, lol :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cookie

Reaction score
I did see another movie, called the Abduction. It was good at first, then, kind of got weird, then, good again.

Cookie

Reaction score
But, a movie, called 50/50 is one that I really related to. Obviously, for those who know of me. It is funny, sad, funny, sad, but, then, has a great happy ending...

http://www.50-50themovie.com/

Back in 98, I was told I would lose my hair. It didn't matter to me, I just didn't want to lose my life, I figured that is what hats are for. Forget the wigs, nah, not for me, nothing fake, I am the real deal. No fake nails, nah. No fake hair either. Or fake boobs. :)

But, I sat with a girl, also, with Lymphoma, who was on the same drugs, and she was losing her hair, and I wasn't.

I was born with alot of hair, and so it just thinned a bit, like the day I was standing outside with coworkers, they were smoking & drinking their coffees, needless, to say, I was just drinking a coffee... and, then, it happened. A big breeze and blew, long pieces of hair into everyone's cup.

No big thing. It was funny. :)

I left my hair grow, and it grew down to my waist, ON chemo! Debbie, the girl I was sitting with, did everything, to spare hers, dry shampoos, ice caps, insisting, I was doing something and wouldn't tell her...

She stopped speaking to me. I felt horrible, imagine that, chemo patients not talking, lol. So, I made friends with Neil, who sold insurance, and together we shot with our fingers, lemon drops across the room, out the hallway, and scored points when we hit the toilet or sink... lol, until, we were caught by Cathy, the chemo nurse and took away our fun.

So, if you have the courage, if you want to laugh at sometimes, very sad things, I recommend the movie 50/50. You will be entering into my world at your own risk. :)

...and, the why to why I didn't lose it all on my head, only God knows. I had one person who actually, believed, I didn't have cancer because I didn't go bald, lol, and another who said, " i would rather lose my hair, how do you know it is working?" Like, I um, had a choice in what my hair follicles does. :)

Cookie

Reaction score
Someday, I want a column in a major newspaper called, You got to love people...

( or their ignorance) :)

Cookie

Reaction score
Any recommendations for a good movie for tonite? Can be anything funny or drama. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks