(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: WOW, what a movie!

Now, for those of you who want a change in a movie, going from the funny to the kooky, this is my all-time favorite! Patch Adams.
    Now, for those of who never heard of this great man, you really missed something. He was considered in medical school to be, " excessively happy!" They tried to stop him from graduating. The school, ends up applauding him, and said, " he carries a flame that spreads like a brushfire" and, hopes, that this " excessive happiness" will spread to all others.

Summary of the movie:

Hunter Adams is a troubled man who, in 1969, voluntarily commits himself to a mental institution. Depression. Once there, he finds that helping his fellow inmates gives his life new purpose. Inspired, he leaves the asylum and vows to become a doctor to help people professionally. However, what he finds at medical school is a sickeningly callous philosophy that advocates an arm's-length attitude toward patients and does not address their emotional needs or the quality of their lives. "Patch" Adams is determined to find a better way to help them, although the consequences of his defiance of the rules and the authorities are severe.

I watch it everytime it comes on tv, you can order it here:
    http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&keyw...0adams%20movie

http://patchadams.org/
    Fantastic compassionate man.

Last edited by Terry; 11-29-2012 at 11:52 AM.

Think like a Man.

Anyone see this?

Last edited by Terry; 11-29-2012 at 11:51 AM.

You got to watch this movie from 2003. First time viewer here of the wonderful movie, The Big Fish.
    I loved this movie. The movie is amazing. I want to see it again... and, like him, I want to become immortal.

Hj, you will love it!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Fish

Last edited by Terry; 11-29-2012 at 11:54 AM.

Home sick again, with Shingles. But, getting better, so, last day home to just watch movies, I am starting to watch what I think, might be, a pretty good movie. Louis Gossett Jr, & Teri Hatcher are playing in it. The Momentum, made in 2003.

What a wash out! It at least gave me some much needed sleep. Good thing it was on tv, and I didn't pay for it. Wait! I did pay for it, I pay for cable! I want my money back.

Next up: Confessions of a Go-Go Girl. Now, I really want my money back.

WOW... this movie will scare you to pieces, Since, it is based on a true experience, it ain't even funny, very sad & unfortunate. I never expected the ending.

Talhotblond.
    http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/talhotblond/about

( I would have to be, Verticallychallengedlukewarmchemored )
    Last edited by Cookie; 11-17-2012 at 06:03 AM.

Now, with the Xmas season coming 'bout, don't forget to watch, Scrooge! A classic.

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default The Lincoln Movie

http://thelincolnmovie.com/

I enjoyed this movie. Lincoln seemed to be a story teller, much of the time getting his listeners to push the boundaries and think outside the box. Lot's of zingers in there too. It's nice to have an old time movie where the words matter.

Yes, I want to see that movie, too. But, did you read where, he dumped one woman he never met, because when he did finally, meet her, she was overweight? Only to marry, one a tadbit skinnier but, a whole lot mentally unstable? lol.

Blog Entries

He might have been "Thinking like a man".
    It happens!

Blog Entries

Default 42 The movie about Jackie Robinson

We saw 42 the movie about Jackie Robinson and really enjoyed it. It was a touching, funny and inspirational movie.
    I would give it a five out of five.
    Fantastic!

Last edited by Terry; 11-10-2013 at 03:33 PM.

Blog Entries

Default I Am Documentary

http://www.iamthedoc.com/

From the director of BRUCE ALMIGHTY, THE NUTTY PROFESSOR and ACE VENTURA: PET DETECTIVE comes something completely different.

I wound up seeing this on Netflicks. It's a little Einstein, a little about the field, and a little bit philosophy. Or maybe merging science and philosophy. Good exercise for the mind.
    Last edited by Terry; 11-10-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Delivery Man Movie from Dreamworks

http://www.dreamworksstudios.com/films/delivery-man

From DreamWorks Pictures comes “Delivery Man,”the story of affable underachiever David Wozniak (Vince Vaughn), whose mundane life gets twisted in a knot when he finds out that he fathered 533 children via sperm donations he made twenty years earlier.
    I enjoyed this film. There were many times during the movie that made me misty eyed. It was not slapstick, but serious adult issues, a middle aged man growing with changes and accepting responsiblities.
    I laughed, I cried, I cheered.
    A feel good movie about how things can be.

Blog Entries

Default Fire In The Blood, a much-needed critique of Big Pharma

IIn this much-needed critique of Big Pharma (narrated by William Hurt), activists and intellectuals expose how Western pharmaceutical companies, in pursuit of higher profits, systematically block access to life-saving AIDS drugs in the global south.

Since 1996, drug companies have abused patent laws to prohibit the sale of affordable generic drugs, leading to the unnecessary deaths of millions of people in developing countries. Fire in the Blood documents the inspiring work and impressive headway activist groups have made in the struggle against these corporate practices, and interviewees like Bill Clinton, Bishop Desmond Tutu and New York Times journalist Donald G. McNeil Jr. all share insights about the need to keep to fighting.

(Dylan Mohan Gray, United Kingdom/India, 2013, 87 min)

Sponsored by the Western Regional International Health Conference, organized by the Global Health Resource Center at the University of Washington

Special introduction from James Love, Director of Knowledge Ecology International!

Saturday, Jan 18 at 07:00PM
    Seattle WA
    fireintheblood.com
    Last edited by Terry; 12-20-2013 at 02:01 PM.