(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: WOW, what a movie!

Default WOW, what a movie!

I never moved from this movie. But, I could never ever watch it twice because it is so unnerving I would need sedatives. Wow, it is based on fact and truth. What a life to live. The ending is incredible. This movie is NOT good for your health, I won't sleep tonite. It keeps you on the edge. It shows, their really is good in all people.

It is, The Pianist.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pianist_(2002_film)
    Last edited by Cookie; 10-04-2011 at 05:26 PM.

I am home sick. I have been home sick for a few days now. I got a sore throat and I can't ... eat anything and get it down. LOL. I took a Tylenol and it was stuck in there for a day, not helping the pain or the fever. So, I made a peanut butter sandwich thinking it would unstick it, then, while chewing it, I thought, " what if the sandwich gets stuck," I will become a skinny Mama Cass. Did that really happen to her? I hope not. She was a great singer.

I rented the movie, The Caller. Save your $! I want my money back. I am going to wait on the new movie, The Zookeeper.

... the pill plus, sandwich went down, but, the movie put me to sleep. It was really stupid.
    Last edited by Cookie; 10-09-2011 at 03:28 PM.

Senior Robin Hood Guy Ian Gills's Avatar

The best movie in the entire world is an Italian movie (with English subtitles) called 'Life is Beautiful'.

America has also made some reasonably good movies like 'the Green Mile' and 'the Shawshank Redemption'.

Last edited by Ian Gills; 10-09-2011 at 03:37 PM.

Yes, a friend bought me that movie. He was a great man to do what he did for his son. For anyone who hasn't seen it, and you don't mind crying, it is a definite must see. He was amazing.

life is beautiful Movie Synopsis
    In 1939, Guido (Roberto Benigni) — an enchanting individual with childlike innocence and grand dreams of owning his own bookstore comes to the Tuscan town of Arezzo. He falls in love with Dora, a beautiful young schoolteacher (Nicoletta Braschi). Unfortunately, the woman he calls his “Princess” is already engaged. Worse, she is engaged to the local Fascist official with whom he has had a run-in. Guido, however, is not deterred and a fairy tale romance ensues.

Several years later Guido and Dora are married and have a son, and Guido has finally opened the bookshop of his dreams. But now, the occasional bigotries Guido once ignored have become Racial Laws with which he must come to terms. Throughout it all, he determines to shield his son from the brutal reality governing their lives. This determination becomes a matter of life and death when Guido and his son are sent to a concentration camp three months before the war’s end. Of her own accord, and out of her love for them, Dora deports herself on the same train.

Now, in this unimaginable world, Guido must use his bold imagination and every ounce of his indefatigable spirit to save those he loves.

Life is Beautiful received seven Academy Award nominations, winning three for Best Actor, Best Foreign Language Film and Best Original Dramatic Score.

I want to someday get married in Anzio.

I must drifted off on that thought... lol, while reading the menu for choice of movies, I can watch, either, HotTub Time Machine or The Hearse.

wow, I dont which to pick. I think reading Ian's corner will be better.

see, how funny, no one asks, 'why do you want to get married in Anzio?"

I figure, since it is a large battlefield, what better to get married.

Okay, I highly do not recommend this movie, called, Splice. Why am I watching this? YIKES...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splice_(film)

Default WOW, what a movie!

Bob, I watched the Zookeeper! It was hysterical. I wanted to date the gorilla. He was so sweet.... and, he danced...

Also, watched, Horrible Bosses, that was funny, too. One of my bosses is on it.

Now, I rented through Redbox, Soul Surfer... will let you know later about this one.

Soul Surfer is a tear jerker. Wow. But, this girl has so much determination and happiness in her heart it is contagious. Worth seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Bob, I watched the Zookeeper! It was hysterical. I wanted to date the gorilla. He was so sweet.... and, he danced...

Also, watched, Horrible Bosses, that was funny, too. One of my bosses is on it.

Now, I rented through Redbox, Soul Surfer... will let you know later about this one.
    Grandkids slept over Sat night, and we watched Zookeeper On Demand. It was funny, but one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen. Actually fell asleep on it. Took the kiddies out to TGI Fridays. They emailed me a "Jump the line Pass", something new they have. Gave it to the hostess, and was whisked away to a table. I did not turn around to see any angry faces from others in the packed lobby, but I was uncomfortable (a little). I really didn't think the pass would be honored when I presented it. The kids like Fridays and Applebees.
    I am definitely not a pro plumber, but I am a pro crastinator

I think I will rent a movie today, got a good one to recommend... Forget that, I think, I will buy a book, called, Promise Me.

Promise Me: How a Sister's Love Launched the Global Movement to End Breast Cancer
    by Nancy G. Brinker

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Pro...9780307718129/
    Last edited by Cookie; 10-21-2011 at 11:12 AM.

General Engineering Contractor ballvalve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gills View Post
    The best movie in the entire world is an Italian movie (with English subtitles) called 'Life is Beautiful'.

America has also made some reasonably good movies like 'the Green Mile' and 'the Shawshank Redemption'.

DEFIANCE - one of the all time great true stories, very fair to the 2 or 3 books written on the subject of the only viable Jewish resistance in nowadays Belarus, then Poland. Read the book first or you might not believe it at all.

And don't forget Love and Death and Annie Hall by Woody Allen, amongst many others - including his latest set in England.

Shawshank is an all time great, but if you have a 6 year old son, its too hard to watch life is beautiful more than once.

Shawshank is one of my son's favorite. I loved Annie Hall.