Frameless sliding glass doors leaking

Users who are viewing this thread

brador

Reaction score
Hi ya'

We have a new shower using a Laguna single sliding glass door with a fixed-glass sidelite. The unit is leaking way too much, mostly coming from where the two doors meet (the sidelite is siliconed in pretty well). There are two issues:

First, the general contractor did not install the marble saddle with the 5% incline. It's perfectly level.

Second, the Laguna installer did not install the unit so that the door and sidelite are parallel; i.e., the gap at the bottom of the door is a good 1/4-inch wider than at the top, so the sweep on the door meets the sidelite at the top, but not at the bottom.

I would like the installer to move the bottom of the door so that it is even with the sidelite. However, since it’s only 1/4 inch, would drilling another hole in the marble for the floor guide cause the marble to crack or break?

Also, any other suggestions for dealing with the problem are appreciated.

Thanks all.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks