Any help would be appreciated on Valley shower faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

segal46

a/v technician
Reaction score
I want to change my shower faucet which the acrylic handle broke, so I want to change it all without touching the welded shower valve, anyone have an idea of the model the picture i included is?
Are they standard valves and all I need replacing is the mechanism.? I.m no pro but have changed quite a few regular faucets,this is for me is a newbie....

thanks

Attachments

• moen copy.jpg
    moen copy.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 3,255

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It is a Valley faucet, and since it is out of production, you are limited to whatever third party parts you an find. Home Depot has the cartridge and handle, (it looks like your handle was not the original one), and possibly replacement trim rings.

valley-parts-pre-93.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

segal46

a/v technician
Reaction score
Valley faucet, thanks Hj

Well Hj your were right it is an outdated valley faucet, I want to buy a new Moen or delta single lever faucet ,in attached pic of the valley faucet can you plz tell me if I can place A moen faucet from the point to which I outlined, I dont want to go behind the ceramique and change the welded valley single controler.

again thanks for your responses

amateur plumber

Attachments

• valley faucet copy.jpg
    valley faucet copy.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 9,954

Fishin

Reaction score
Once you remove the handle, how does the next piece come off? Is it threaded?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I think, but am not sure, that part #24 unscrews. Now, whether you'd be able to get it off or not is another question. Once they get that old, they often become 'one' with the body. On some of those valves, if you twist too much, you can bend and or break the pipes going to it...this can be a big hassle. Assuming you can get a new piece, then a hacksaw carefully used can make a slot (don't go deep enough to affect the body threads), and then split and pry the thing off.

To change the whole thing out, if you don't have access from behind, then you, or a plumber can do it from the tub/shower side by making a larger hole. Each company (pretty much, and they're often interchangeable, but check first) makes a remodel or renovation plate. It would fit over the larger hole, then the 'normal' trim would fit on top of that.

Last edited:

Fishin

Reaction score
So you can sometimes replace the whole faucet without cutting a back access hole?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It depends on HOW the old one is attached to the piping. I doubt that a Valley faucet has the "short" connections necessary to work through the opening in the wall. The "remodel plates" are NOT that attractive, so I sometimes either use a Delta faucet with an oversize backup ring, such as RP34359xx rotated 90 degrees so the "wings" cover the wider hole, or the "X" shaped one from an earlier series.

valley-shower-pb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks