Navien CH240 hot water takes a while to reach fixtures

Users who are viewing this thread

Sparkymurph

Reaction score
With a new installation of a Navien ch240 combi boiler/hot water unit, the hot water takes a good 45 seconds to reach a fixture that is only 3 feet from the unit. The manual says to take the circulating pump off of freeze protection mode. I cannot find any procedure on how to do go about changing the mode. There is nothing in either manual or online. Any ideas?

Zl700

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Changeover time from a cold start is only 15 seconds so your wait should only be 20 seconds tops leading me to believe something is wrong with piping or install.
Go to orange manual and with Navien remote installed, try programming the DHW preheat option so that hot water should leave heater instantly. You can always call the 800 number on back of manual for assistance.

Surfing Plumber

In the Trades
Reaction score
I installed a good amount of Navien in my career, all i gotta say is I got call backs on 80% of them. There always something wrong with them, if not the switch sensor, or is the circuit board. The built-in recirculation system doesn't even work well.. it is just a selling gimick..I say to stay away from Navien. You get what you pay for...

Zl700

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Surfer, do you read installation manuals as well as posts? No wonder you have problems, it's about the combi not a Tankless, there is no recirc on a combi.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks