(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Nozzle that provides nozzle head coverage - and pressure regulator

Threaded View

Default Nozzle that provides nozzle head coverage - and pressure regulator

Hi there,

I'm looking to take care of a side strip area where I still have Toro 570 heads on the lawn. However I am seeing the previous installation didn't set the head locations apart equally, so it's hard to provide head-to-head coverage unless there's overspray.

I wonder if anyone knows any nozzles that provide nozzle head coverage--so I don't have to have 100% head-to-head coverage?

It seems to me rotary nozzles do provide nozzle head coverage, but don't know if any other kinds of nozzles have this feature also.

Also there's a zone where I'd need to reduce water pressure like 10 psi so keep the coverage right. I wonder if anyone knows a kind of pressure regulator that can provide fine adjustment.

It's an existing area, so I'm looking to see if there's a regulator where I can install @ the valve for that zone--without redoing any piping or changing out all the existing sprinkler heads.

The valve on the zone is an Orbit automatic sprinkler siphon valve (not inline).

There is a Rainbird PRS-Dial regulator, but it requires at least 15 psi higher pressure @ the inlet.

http://www.rainbird.com/homeowner/pr...alves/PRSD.htm

Not sure if this means a min. drop of 15 psi @ the outlet? If anyone knows there's a different one that requires less inlet pressure difference (10 psi difference instead) that'd be great.

Thx.
    Last edited by k9mlxj; 09-29-2011 at 12:09 AM.