Shower w/ 3 divertor valves

Users who are viewing this thread

auldyin

Reaction score
can any body tell me the if using a shower setup with 3 divertor valves above a standard roll rim tub is permissable two diverters are for shower heads and a centre diverter is for tub filling,what would the drain requirements be is a 1.5" tub fixture drain enough, could a tub even be used or would a floor drain be required .thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Auldyin you should be fine with your set up as described. You could have 10 divertors above your thermostatic control valve and you would not get any more water out of it. If you had a second thermostatic control valve for say a rain head and the other for a hand held and the tub filler you would then get to much water I think for the 1 1/2" drain line.

Most tub's here in Vancouver that we find in high rises are piped with 1 1/2" copper overflows and ptraps. Make sure it stays clean.

If you have the ability to upgrade the ptrap and overflow to a 2" line you will love the drain rates. My daughter's tub is plumbed like this and works great!

JW

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks