pex under constant pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Smudgeboss

Reaction score
re plumbing my bathroom vanity. Pex has to run across a 3 inch stack to the one sink lines. I carved a big hole in the stud to allow it to go there and faced it with a 1x4 but that puts a constant pressure on the pex holding it back at one point, then it goes outward around the stack. will that work in the long term or will the pex wear because of that pressure and leak at some point. I could remove the 1x4 face and it would simply rest against the gyproc when it was put in place. What do you guru's think is best. See picture
pex pressure.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It should be okay, but it would be better if you beveled the corner so there is not a sharp edge pressing against it. Be sure to put metal protection plate(s) over the PEX where it goes "through and behind" the wood

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The photo does not seem to show any extreme bends or pressure points. Just because the pex can expand and contract, I would smooth the contact corner on the wood, perhaps even slip in something like a plasict corner protector.

Smudgeboss

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I will bevel and put a protector on the pex.

For dlarrivee, there were no lines going over there since it was a single sink vanity before. We would have been willing to do that but a single sink 60 inch vanity is basically impossible to find.

Appreciate the asssistance and wisdom. Thanks again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks