British high school bans makeup, removes bathroom mirrors

Users who are viewing this thread

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Good idea!

Nearly all schools in England don't allow girls to wear make-up anyway.

It's a slippery slope you see.

If we're not careful, they would all grow to wear too much make up and have too big hair like many ladies here in the United States.

I know this looks normal to Americans...

Cheryl-Cole-big-hair11-213x300.jpg

...but it's just too much for Europeans.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Good idea!

Nearly all schools in England don't allow girls to wear make-up anyway.

It's a slippery slope you see.

If we're not careful, they would all grow to wear too much make up and have too big hair like many ladies here in the United States.

I know this looks normal to Americans...

Cheryl-Cole-big-hair11-213x300.jpg

yummy yummy

...but it's just too much for Europeans.
I did some research and came up with this: (removed link to prevent injury to healthy US males possibly causing us to become impotent by seeing these ugly Brittish girls). Maybe they SHOULD should use some makeup?

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Whether it's to your taste or not, you have to admit that American ladies do like to wear their hair "big".

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Whether it's to your taste or not, you have to admit that American ladies do like to wear their hair "big".

Yes, of course some do, and many do not. It's personal preference, and that is part of freedom of choice. some girls with "big hair" tie it all up sometimes for a different look. so what?

And as far as makeup goes, it is a problem with some parents here allowing and even encouraging toddlers to make up and appear as, in my opinion, sluts. I find that disgusting personally. When a girl gets into her later teens, I feel it is OK to look nice with some makeup and hair styles. Everything and anything is overdone everywhere I've been. I have not been to the Mid-East however, where that conduct is not tolerated .

Bottom line: I am saying that its definitely not only the US where make up and big hair is used. Some of the biggest weirdos I've seen of either gender came from the UK:)

Cookie

Reaction score
Hats, too. Those hats are strange. Does anyone remember the segment on I love Lucy where, while she was in France Ricki was too cheap to buy her a hat, and made her one out of a feed bag? That was so funny.

I think little girls should look like little girls, and teenage girls look like their years, too. It bothers me when I see young girls, 12 to 14 with tramp stamps, yuk, and inappropriately, dressed for any occassion other than, when they are married and 40. It is a good thing I don't have a daughter, she would hate me.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
My happy, non violent worker of 25 years was drunk at the county fair, and standing in a gaggle of 17 year olds, wearing essentially thongs and postage stamps over their bobbling breasts.

It was way past their bedtime, and they had their boyfriends there too. My guy, harmless as a kitten, [5 years with a dead wife and no girl friends, and no prostitutes in town] patted one of these torturers on the butt. No one pushed him out of the group, nor did the boys knock him down with a feather.

But next day the DA [who was raped years ago by the Hells Angels] had him cuffed and asked for 10 years in the state big house, after the little twit told daddy. Daddy should have taken a belt to her and her boyfriend.

Now he's a registered sex offender as a plea bargain, and did 6 months local. THEN he got a DUI 10 miles up a private dirt driveway [his] by falling asleep in a ditch with his foot on the accelerator. Dangerous, huh?

Now he cant get work release because of the "sex" offender charge, and his life is heading to a shopping cart. About as dangerous as a canary, and the jailer wants to let him out but the DA has a vendetta to fullfill and blocks it.

I thought a sex offense was pulling a kid in your car, or abusing the trust while maintaining a minor in the household. Touch a butt, GO TO JAIL!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Here is a big hair look from 1974. I have to admit, I liked it.
I'm the guy hanging onto the right hand side of the kayak.

kayak_1974_quesnel.jpg

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
It is alittle like, if you see a cash register hanging open with all the money hanging out, do you have a right to touch it.

Cookie

Reaction score
Boy, we were young once, eh. :) It is neat to look back isn't it? I can't get over the beauty of your surroundings.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
There are those people that can afford canoes and those that are just hangers on.

I think taxpayers should pay for canoes for everyone. We are all entitled.

Despite what some Americans say.

Cookie

Reaction score
Kayaks or canoes? Big difference...

and, I aint payin for anyones. :)
My advice is, if anyone wants one, go work for it, and quit being jealous, eh...

that is why, what people call, "rich" people should not be taxed higher because they have more, than those we call "poor." What is needed to be done is to realize you cannot penalize those who work harder to make more bucks, or even have maybe, more luck in making more bucks... To do otherwise, is taking away the American Dream, which is part of our culture.

what should be done is to tax the people who make less money, the "poor", less.

One-size fits all does not work in clothes, or in "any" aspect of life. It has proven endlessly, to always fail.

Do not let jealousy rule your thinking or your life, it always leads to ones demise.

Last edited:

Pipehacker

Reaction score
Kayaks or canoes? Big difference...

and, I aint payin for anyones. :)
My advice is, if anyone wants one, go work for it, and quit being jealous, eh...

that is why, what people call, "rich" people should not be taxed higher because they have more, than those we call "poor." What is needed to be done is to realize you cannot penalize those who work harder to make more bucks, or even have maybe, more luck in making more bucks... To do otherwise, is taking away the American Dream, which is part of our culture.

what should be done is to tax the people who make less money, the "poor", less.

One-size fits all does not work in clothes, or in "any" aspect of life. It has proven endlessly, to always fail.

Do not let jealousy rule your thinking or your life, it always leads to ones demise.

I have no problem with taxing "rich" people more-that is the nature of a progressive tax system. But a progressive tax system also should require all to pay some income tax. The statistics I have seen indicate that more than 40 percent of workers pay no income tax because of earned income credit (which is actually a refundable entitlement payment) and other deductions. All should pay some (even a $100 per year) so that all can feel they have invested in our country.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I have no problem with taxing "rich" people more-that is the nature of a progressive tax system. But a progressive tax system also should require all to pay some income tax. The statistics I have seen indicate that more than 40 percent of workers pay no income tax because of earned income credit (which is actually a refundable entitlement payment) and other deductions. All should pay some (even a $100 per year) so that all can feel they have invested in our country.
I believe in a flat rate tax, period. The more you earn, the more bucks you pay. Eliminate loopholes and deductions for most if not all stuff, except maybe your number of dependants. Then again, that brings up another issue for the rabbit like reproducers.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
This is a Nation of immigrants founded by immigrants.

Stolen land.

But back to taxes. I say the rich should pay whatever the majority say they should pay.

The nature of democracy is that the poor can either take the cash the easy way (through taxes) or the hard way (through theft).

Tax the rich.

Canoes for all.

Especially for poor Terry. The hanger-on.

Cookie

Reaction score
P.s. I was born here, my parents were born here, there parents...well, they were maybe, the immigrants, not all of them, some were here from the beginning.

I say tax the british here, very heavily, cause they stir up trouble with their kingdom.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
You are an ancestor of an immigrant Cookie. The only difference between me and you is that your familiy took the boat here and mine the plane. Jimbo took the greyhound.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks