Initial impressions of Eco Drake CST744E

Users who are viewing this thread

TSPORT

Reaction score
Just installed a new Eco Drake 1.28 flush last week in the kid's bathroom. Quick, competent flush. Bowl wash seems better than a regular 1.6 Drake w/ CEFIONTECT I had at my old house. Just my imagination?
The bowl was made in Vietnam, the tank in the USA. I was disappointed to find a large dimple in the porcelain dead center in the front of the tank. See picture. It's not a chip, just a depression in the porcelain. Did not expect this from Toto. There was no hassle getting it replaced quickly and at no additional expense. Also, the lid had a sharp point in the back. It was not visible when installed but could have sliced a finger when removing the lid. I just filed it down with an emory board and it is OK. I would have felt better if the tank was made in Vietnam instead of the bowl. No issues with the bowl. QC on a downward slide in the US, Toto? Other than those two items, I'm still a big Toto fan and recommend them to anyone who wants an opinion. My 2 cents. - TSPORT:eek:

Attachments

• Tank 1.jpg
    Tank 1.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks