Switzerland

Users who are viewing this thread

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Europe

I just got back from Europe.

To find the tangled mess that is your overhead power lines.

It was also my first time to go through a full body scan at the airport. Putting those in cost you $3 billion.

I forgot to take off my belt.

The American behind me tut-tutted.

Why do Americans thinks it's OK to tut-tut?

Last edited:

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
I am in full agreement with you on power lines. Unfortunately the cost of burying them would be astronomical and yet, it must eventually be done. Just today we had a 3 hour outage because some nimrod decided to have a contest pitting his Jeep against a power pole. Neither won.

I like the full body scan. I like to eat a can of beans about an hour before the pat down.:D

Cookie

Reaction score
I wish I had known you were going there, you could had picked me up something.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
You might have taken a lap top along and kept up your responsibility to the forum. Many a tut-tut to you from us all.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I just got back from Europe.

To find the tangled mess that is your overhead power lines.

It was also my first time to go through a full body scan at the airport. Putting those in cost you $3 billion.

I forgot to take off my belt.

The American behind me tut-tutted.

Why do Americans thinks it's OK to tut-tut?

They don't mess around at the Zurich airport. I've been going there since the early 80's and they've had guards with automatic weapons all over the place and tanks and other armored vehicles on the tarmac since I can remember. and please make sure you pay your VAT taxes if you qualify.
tut-tut. The Swiss have been tut-tuting for many years at foriegners

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks