Well Problems after 2 years of operations

Users who are viewing this thread

milkman1

Network Engineer
Reaction score
2011-09-19_16-00-03_895.jpg2011-09-19_16-00-12_359.jpg

A two year old well with a massive growth where the metal pipe meets the well pump, which resulted in a leak. As the pipes were pulled I saw several sections with heavy rusting spot which is NOT a good sign. Any suggestions on how to fix this situation? I'm mad as hell, any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone has tried using heat shrink tubing? By the looks of the picture, the tape they used was starting to unravel.

My guess is that the electrical service ground is inadequate and that there was an electrical current via the protection ground causing electrolysis to liberate oxygen from the water.

ShallowWellNovice

Reaction score
Does anyone know why a shallow well pump will produce a strong stream of water for 15 seconds and then die where no water flows for 8-10 seconds before pumping a strong flow of water for another 15 seconds. The pump will build up pressure and then turn off if I shut off the spigot I have on the outlet side of the pump. I have a small pressure tank installed. The vacuum guage I have installed indicates there aren't any suction leaks. The static water level is 11" with the well at 35'.What am I doing wrong? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks