Commercial water heater output

Users who are viewing this thread

ferd

Reaction score
If I have a 400,000 btu boiler heating water into a 370 gallon tank and I change the tank out to a 120 gallon tank, how much capacity do I loose? Assuming 95% eff boiler.

ferd

Reaction score
output 130 deg incoming can be down to 40 boiler should put out 500 gph Just wondering what differance the tank will make.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
If I have a 400,000 btu boiler heating water into a 370 gallon tank and I change the tank out to a 120 gallon tank, how much capacity do I loose? Assuming 95% eff boiler.

Round numbers, the boiler heats produces 400 gallons per hour. FIRST hour delivery is the recovery rate ( 400 gallons per hour ) PLUS 70% ot tank. SO your first hour availablilty drops from 660 gallons to 485 gallons. After the first hour, it is all recovery, 400 gallons per hour.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks