How do I Remove kitchen faucett?

Users who are viewing this thread

Smudgeboss

Reaction score
I have an old single handle Moen kitchen faucett that is leaking. I want to replace it but looking at it for quite a while and can't be sure how to remove it. Wondering if any of you guru's would have the experience of this and tell me how it comes apart. I contacted Moen, but they didn't make any sense to me. I have included some pics so you know what I am talking about.

Thanks in Advance k sink top.jpgk sink 1.jpgk sink 2.jpgk sink 3.jpg

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Remove the nut on the bottom. You may need a basin wrench to do it.

Smudgeboss

Reaction score
As far as I can tell looking at it with the naked eye, it seems to be an integral part with the flat area that the 3 outlet/inlets go into. Am I mistaken in this?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
It's a nut...turn it.

You will then have to disconnect the water supplies and the sprayer line, and 'massage' the three tubes closer together so you can drop off the nut and lift the faucet out from the top.

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
Moen sends free cartridges to replace the leaking part. Good to know about this if stopping the leak is your primary goal. You have to call Moen. If you want a new faucet anyway, the nut to loosen is visible in your last photo. It's underneath the counter. The tool mentioned by name above can be googled and youtubed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks