Flaking finish on Delta faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I have a 5 or 6 year old Delta faucet in a bathroom. It has a gold-tone "Brilliance" finish, which is touted as being exceptionally durable.

Well, for some reason the finish has flaked off on part of the faucet. There is a 1/4 inch area at the base of the faucet which is down to bare metal.

I have also not been too impressed with the faucet's performance. I have already replaced the rubber seats about 3 years ago, and it's started to drip again. This seems like too much maintenance for a modern faucet.

By comparison, the builder's special Moen faucets elsewhere in the house have held up well with no drips for 15 years.

Has anyone seen this sort of problem with Delta faucets?

Steve W.
Omaha, NE

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
Delta Warranty, but Who Keeps Receipts? My Wife!

Lifetime Faucet and Finish Limited WarrantyAll parts and finishes of the Delta faucet are warranted to the original consumer purchaser to be free from defects in material and workmanship for as long as the original consumer purchaser owns their home. Delta recommends using a professional plumber for all installation and repair.

Delta will replace, FREE OF CHARGE, during the warranty period, any part or finish that proves defective in material and/or workmanship under normal installation, use and service.

Replacement parts may be obtained by calling 1-800-345-DELTA (3358) or by writing:

Delta Faucet Company
Product Service
55 E. 111th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46280

This warranty is extensive in that it covers replacement of all defective parts and even finish, but these are the only two things that are covered. LABOR CHARGES AND/OR DAMAGE INCURRED IN INSTALLATION, REPAIR, OR REPLACEMENT, AS WELL AS ANY OTHER KIND OF LOSS OR DAMAGE ARE EXCLUDED. Proof of purchase (original sales receipt) from the original consumer purchaser must be made available to Delta for all warranty claims.

http://www.deltafaucet.com/wps/portal/CustomerSupport/Warranty

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Good point, Bob. Thanks.

I did email the company, so will see how that goes. I don't have the receipt, however, so may be out of luck. If that's the case, I don't think I would go with Delta again.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
[
QUOTE=. I don't have the receipt, .[/QUOTE]

You may have learned a hard lesson here. MANY products of all types today are sold with a lot of ad-hype about "lifetime warranty" etc. Then, when the time comes, they put you through the ringer in attempts to avoid having to honor the warranty.

LESSON: Get a folder and put all your receipts in it. My wife actually is a bit of an organizer freak, so ours are sorted by type, date, etc. But that is not necessary. Staple the receipt to the install book with all the part numbers you will need, and keep them in a shoe box.

Now, Delta is a good company, and they may very well take care of you. I would certainly push it. They may ask for pictures or in rare case may ask you to send back the failed part. But I think they will take care of you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks