Intermittent Low Hot Water Pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Stoph

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a problem with the hot water pressure.

Many times after I flush the toilet, the hot water pressure (at the faucets) slows to a trickle. Once the toilet tank is full, there is a loud bang in the pipes and the hot water pressure (at the faucets) increases back to normal pressure. The toilet tank only has a cold water pipe connected to it.

Also, sometimes (like this morning) when I turn on the hot water (at any faucet) it initially flows at normal pressure but immediately slows to a trickle and remains like that for a while. Then I hear a bang in the pipes and the pressure returns to normal. This happened without flushing the toilet.

Any ideas what is causing this?

Thanks
Stoph

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Many HWTs have anti-percolation checkvalves in them that can stick. I can often hear mine banging away and sometimes it sticks. I called the rental agency to fix it and we had someone lined up to come out but the wife cancelled after it stopped acting up. I started a thread on the issue a while back.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks