BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Hello All,

I think that Fluke is very over rated.

I have used the Tenma meters with no problems at all. The electrical specs are as good as Fluke.

The Fluke may have a better drop test rating, But a good technician does not drop their meter.

This is one of TENMA's True RMS Clamp on Meters. For around $100 it is hard to beat.

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/TENMA-72-7228-/72-7228

Have a great day.

DonL

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I think that Fluke is very over rated.

I have used the Tenma meters with no problems at all. The electrical specs are as good as Fluke.

The Fluke may have a better drop test rating, But a good technician does not drop their meter.

This is one of TENMA's True RMS Clamp on Meters. For around $100 it is hard to beat.

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/TENMA-72-7228-/72-7228

Have a great day.

DonL

To be totally honest, I have to point out that the Fluke meters I have used have been provided to me and not paid for by me personally. Maybe, (just maybe), if I had to pay for them I may have chosen a more economical meter. I have never had regrets buying top quality items. For instance, I bought the 400 buck Fein Multimaster tool instead of the 100 buck +Dremel or Nextek cheaper knockoffs, some of which were already available when I bought the Fein. I Love the Fein. I bought my son-in-law the Craftsman, which he ways works great for him. Now as far as blades go, I can't afford to buy Fein's blades, and the Craftsman blades fit the Fein without any adapters and seem to last as long as the Fein blades which cost about 5 times as much. The Dremel and Rockwell have adapters so their blades can be used on a Fein also. I got a 3 year warranty on the Fein, and use it a lot. the others come with a 1 year warranty, but cost a lot less. I'm happy! Drop a meter? cause to be shot:)

Last edited:

TJanak

Reaction score
Thanks Don. I have not heard of that brand before. I'll have to keep it in mind if I ever decide to buy a clamp meter for myself. I don't normally buy myself top brand tools because I feel guilty spending that much money, so I usually just wait until Christmas, birthday, etc. and my wife gets it for me and then I don't feel so guilty!

You know Bob, it's hard for me to shell out the cash for top quality tools but usually I find it is worth it. For example, my wife bought me a Milwaukee circular saw several years ago. I was amazed how smooth and quiet the motor runs with lots of power. My dad has a Craftsman circular saw that is about five years old and I was using it last weekend. Loud, sounded like the bearing were half gone and quite a bit less power. It has not been heavily used either. It cut everything I asked it to, so I guess it gets the job done, just not as nice.

The only thing I buy Craftsman anymore is hand tools, and even those you have to be careful. All of their power tools have been china made for a long time. Dad has an old Black and Decker variable speed 3/8 drill that is probably 20 years old and it has outlasted countless other drills since thenn