BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Hello All,

I think that Fluke is very over rated.

I have used the Tenma meters with no problems at all. The electrical specs are as good as Fluke.

The Fluke may have a better drop test rating, But a good technician does not drop their meter.

This is one of TENMA's True RMS Clamp on Meters. For around $100 it is hard to beat.

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/TENMA-72-7228-/72-7228

Have a great day.

DonL

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I think that Fluke is very over rated.

I have used the Tenma meters with no problems at all. The electrical specs are as good as Fluke.

The Fluke may have a better drop test rating, But a good technician does not drop their meter.

This is one of TENMA's True RMS Clamp on Meters. For around $100 it is hard to beat.

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/TENMA-72-7228-/72-7228

Have a great day.

DonL

To be totally honest, I have to point out that the Fluke meters I have used have been provided to me and not paid for by me personally. Maybe, (just maybe), if I had to pay for them I may have chosen a more economical meter. I have never had regrets buying top quality items. For instance, I bought the 400 buck Fein Multimaster tool instead of the 100 buck +Dremel or Nextek cheaper knockoffs, some of which were already available when I bought the Fein. I Love the Fein. I bought my son-in-law the Craftsman, which he ways works great for him. Now as far as blades go, I can't afford to buy Fein's blades, and the Craftsman blades fit the Fein without any adapters and seem to last as long as the Fein blades which cost about 5 times as much. The Dremel and Rockwell have adapters so their blades can be used on a Fein also. I got a 3 year warranty on the Fein, and use it a lot. the others come with a 1 year warranty, but cost a lot less. I'm happy! Drop a meter? cause to be shot:)

Last edited:

TJanak

Reaction score
Thanks Don. I have not heard of that brand before. I'll have to keep it in mind if I ever decide to buy a clamp meter for myself. I don't normally buy myself top brand tools because I feel guilty spending that much money, so I usually just wait until Christmas, birthday, etc. and my wife gets it for me and then I don't feel so guilty!

You know Bob, it's hard for me to shell out the cash for top quality tools but usually I find it is worth it. For example, my wife bought me a Milwaukee circular saw several years ago. I was amazed how smooth and quiet the motor runs with lots of power. My dad has a Craftsman circular saw that is about five years old and I was using it last weekend. Loud, sounded like the bearing were half gone and quite a bit less power. It has not been heavily used either. It cut everything I asked it to, so I guess it gets the job done, just not as nice.

The only thing I buy Craftsman anymore is hand tools, and even those you have to be careful. All of their power tools have been china made for a long time. Dad has an old Black and Decker variable speed 3/8 drill that is probably 20 years old and it has outlasted countless other drills since thenn

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks