Walk in Showers - No Doors

Users who are viewing this thread

Chefwong

Reaction score
I'm doing a quick google on tiled showers.....and unless my eyes are playing tricks, I am seeing some really nice custom showers but no doors if not a shower rod in sight.

Showers are a very Wet environment.

Am I missing something but are walk in showers being built - designed - without nary a door or liner to ~enclose~ the water overspray ?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Yes, but it takes some careful designwork to ensure no problems. Personally, the draft can be a problem. One of the neatest is one of the kits by Wedi - its a free-standing scroll.

Attachments

• wedi scroll.jpg
    wedi scroll.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 8,738
Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
You might be seeing ad photos which conveniently omit the door for the sake of the photo. But larger "open plan" bathrooms are somewhat in vogue. I actually have seen several hotels built like that overseas ( Asia). You would want a well done floor with floor drain.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
rectangular floorplan is better than square, for any shower. This is also easier to make into a doorless shower: just make the rectangle longer.

I'm having good luck with the linear drain installs and for what ever reason we are getting a lot of Neo-Angle requests. I have a new twist on the Neo Angle almost done up in North Vancouver that will show case a Trapazoid shaped linear drain at the entry.

Never done one like this - how hard can it be!!! LOL

Fingers crossed, so far so good.

JW

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks