Toto Nexus trickling noise

Users who are viewing this thread

km

Reaction score
We recently had a Toto Nexus installed in our bathroom. Since the installation it has made a trickling noise after the refill as the water is leveling itself. Toto says it is "normal" but it is rather loud - doesn't sound "normal" to me. It lasts 11 seconds. It is not a drip, drip, but more of a trickling/gurgling sound. Is this the same issue with the plastic unifix piece or could it be something else? Do all Nexus toilets make this "after-flush" noise?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Update 3/1/2014
TOTO has fixed the dripping sound on these trapways. It's no longer an issue.

Yes.

And the length of time and the sound level can vary slightly depending on room acoustics, the way the home is plumbed and with what material and how level the home is.

It's the sound of water leaving the bowl.

I'm pretty sure your tub does the same thing.
It's a little different, but at the end of the day, it's just one more appliance that either clicks when a switch is flipped, a motor that whirrs while closing a garage door, a refrigerator that bangs the pipes when the ice cube tray refills in the middle of the night, or compressor hum when the motor kicks on, and the cold air return on the furnace. When the home warms in the day and cools at night wood will make creaking sounds too. Lots and lots of normal sounds out there. I come from a family of seven. I used to practice my electric guitar in the same room we watched TV in, unplugged of course. Didn't seem to bother anyone.

cst794_door.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks