Gerber shower body cartdridges failing

Users who are viewing this thread

John Walsh

Reaction score
Over the past five years I have installed about 50 brand new Gerber single leaver shower bodies(you know the ones with the antiscalde balancing valve thing). Well, the ones that I have installed in the past...let's say two years, have been failing at an alarming rate. They start leaking in the fully closed position. I have replaced about 10 cartridges this year already which solves the leaking problem, but at a cost of about $50.00 a cartridge not including my labor. My local plumbing supply guy tells me that the problem is with grit in the watersupply. I'm in Brooklyn NY! what grit! Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same failure with Gerber or any other shower bodies in such a short length of time?

yanismy

Reaction score
I have also been experiencing this same problem with these cartridges. My local plumbing supply company told me that Gerber should warranty the replacement if they were installed with in a year or so. Gerber's number is 847-675-6570 if you would like to try to get some replacements. I'm currently attempting to do the same thing.

Hope this helps.

yanismy

Reaction score
Update: I contacted Gerber directly at the number listed above and these cartridges have a life time warranty. They are sending me replacements immediately.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks