Master Bathroom Venting

Users who are viewing this thread

seanmmcc1

Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

I am in the process of a master bath remodel and have moved the location of the sink, shower, and toilet in the process. The master bath toilet used to be adjacent to the other toilet and the shower and sink tied in to the main where the vent changes to pvc.

The image below shows the new layout for the drain pipe. The distance from the top of the diagram to the bottom is about 8 feet, these are small bathrooms.

Questions:
1. Do I need additional venting, hoping not, if so where.
2. Is there something that defines what is required for venting when a toilet is upstream versus the sinks being upstream.
3. If I do need to add additional venting is there a way to do it by only adding it to the master sinks and shower? Tying the toilet in would be difficult due to the floor joists.

Thanks again.

sean

Attachments

• bathplumbing.jpg
    bathplumbing.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The shower AND double sinks DO need venting, and if done correctly it will also vent the toilet. Trying to give you a crash course in venting would be too time consuming.

seanmmcc1

Reaction score
Thanks for your response HJ. Can you take a look at the diagram below and let me know if adding a 2" vent as laid out in red line would provide the necessary venting for the sinks, shower and toilet? If not can you please let me know where would be a more appropriate place to tie in.

Thanks

Sean

Attachments

• bathplumbing04.jpg
    bathplumbing04.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:

seanmmcc1

Reaction score
could someone give this mock up a review and let me know if this is the right approach.

Thanks

Sean

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
It's hard to tell from the drawing alone but from what I can see, almost nothing is right.

seanmmcc1

Reaction score
the house is a rancher. my plumbing lives under the floor. The vent would turn vertical and go to the roof. can you give me some direction as to what i could provide so you could make a better assessment?

thanks

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Vents can't "turn vertical" until they are 6" above the flood level rim of the fixture(s) served. In other words, they can NEVER be flat.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Your CONCEPT is correct, but we do NOT know how you will actually DO the piping which would make it correct or not. I hope the "old" lavatory has a vent in the wall which you do not show.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks