Quandary

Users who are viewing this thread

Viking

Reaction score
When the plumber ran the dwv for my bathroom additions, one appears to have been set at 11.5 inches from the finish wall rather than 12. I believe most two piece toilets have enough Clarence in back of the tank that this should not be an issue, but it looks like the Toto brand has a much tighter Clarence. Am I correct? If so, are there other units that you would recommend, short of a 10 inch rough? Thanks much for any info.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Other than asthetics, you don't need any clearance behind a toilet. Many of the Totos have around 3/4" and some have a lot more. Plus, there's usually a little bit of fudge when setting a toilet - 1/4" is generally easy to get. Keep in mind, the measurement is to the wall, not the baseboard, if that makes a difference.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Both Drake and Dartmouth are set on 12" (exactly) rough-n. Each of them have about 2" "clarence" behind the tank. You'll be fine with 11-1/2". The problem very well could have be because there is a floor joist that prevents the 12" rough-in so they set it as close as possible.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks