Rigid faucet supply line connection

Users who are viewing this thread

Mookie3333

Reaction score
Quick question - For decorative purposes, I wanted to use a rigid chrome supply line to connect my bath faucet to the valves. The valve side goes on by compression, which is fine. Problem is, I couldn't find a nut to connect to the faucet side.

The tube is called "3/8 inch O.D. Tube x 20 in. Faucet Riser". See pic below.

The salesman tried to sell me 1/2" nuts which held on to the nosepiece perfectly, but of course, was too small to screw in to the faucet. Alternatively, 5/8" nuts screwed into the bottom of the faucet, but slipped right over the nosepiece. What am I supposed to use? I know this is probably a simple question, but I've always used those braided hoses which were self explanatory.

Also, do I need any type of rubber washer with this supply line? Here's a pic:
tube.jpg

Last edited:

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Most hardware stores will carry replacement lav faucet nuts. They are straight cut threads.
I throw a lot of them away when doing faucet installs. They're out there.

Mookie3333

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I know what I needed would be readily available somewhere, I was just thinking it was probably out of stock in that particular HD. Those tubes only come in one size, right? (in terms of the size of the head)

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The lav supply tubes all the same on the end.
And if you were to buy a flexible supply line, most of them are 1/2" x 3/8" Comp.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tubes

Your description is too vague to give a definite answer, but I THINK you need "bath tub supply risers". Which are usually 1/2" copper with 3/4" bath cock nuts and noses.

Mookie3333

Reaction score
This is what I used :
nut.jpg

I bought 2 from the hardware store on the corner, $2 each (!) I then realized I had like 6 of them in my toolbox from somewhere else. I'll be returning the $2 ones today..
I knew they made the thing, but both HD's I tried didn't even carry them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks