Do you think this is sufficient?

Users who are viewing this thread

mrmedic

Reaction score
Website
www.thehousemedic.com
I have attached a drawing (part borrowed from another post) to show what I have planed.
I have a toilet and was wondering if it needed a vent? It goes down just below the floor joist and bends to a horizontal line that I want to have a 2" "Y" connecting a tub/shower with a 1-1/2" vent on the far end next to the tub. The 3" line also has a 2" "Y" connecting a washer drain that comes down to it that also has a 2" vent on the top end of it, Does this look to be ok? Does the toilet need it's own vent? The full 3" length of the line starting with the toilet to the bend to go to the sewer is approx. 7 or 8 feet.
All info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ron PlumbRun.jpg

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
You can't wet vent a washer or anything other than a bath group for that matter

mrmedic

Reaction score
Website
www.thehousemedic.com
You can't wet vent a washer or anything other than a bath group for that matter

I might not have said that part right. The pipe goes up from the 3" to a Sani-T straight up to the roof. Off of the Sani-T is the trap that goes to the washer stand pipe. Would this be OK? How does the rest look? I have attached a picture of what the standpipe would look like above the floor with the vent.

Thanks,
Ron

laundry standpipe.jpg

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The washer picture is correct. Do you have a lav. sink somewhere? And you probably need to factor in a cleanout on the 3"

mrmedic

Reaction score
Website
www.thehousemedic.com
Thanks jimbo, The lav sink connects to the 3" pipe as it is going to the sewer with it's own vent. Actually were in my picture above when the 3" 90's to the sewer there is a cleanout there . The 90 is a combo Y with the cleanout plug on one part of the Y.

Does everything look OK with the rest of my first picture? I did not know if I needed a "main vent" going to the 3" for the toilet.

Edit... I have attached new picture showing cleanout.

Thanks,
Ron

PlumbRun.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks