Trip back in Time...This is amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
This is a great video. You can almost feel the excitement of the day..Enjoy
Please sit back and enjoy…This was taken 66 years ago today!
This Home movie put on a video of a Spontaneous Victory Parade in Honolulu in
August 1945.

Take a look at this absolutely fabulous video! The guys in khaki or gray shirts and black ties are Navy officers and chiefs. The
rest are Army or Marines. How young they all were to do what they did. They must
be in their nineties now.

This guy really captured a moment in history! (You can listen to Jimmy Durante
singing “I’ll be Seeing You†in the background).

We need to remember and be THANKFUL…
Click on: http://vimeo.com/5645171

Cookie

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone here will remember this other than me but, Pearl Harbor got me my first kiss at age 13. My first boyfriend came up to me asking, " do you know what happened at Pearl Harbor?" I said, " what?" and he said, "sneak attack!" and, he kissed me...

I just remembered that. I called a friend, a male, and he said, he remembered that back then, just never did it.

Cookie

Reaction score
Come to think, kids of today will probably ask, " do you know what happened on 911?"
Then, kiss the girl. It is the Pearl Harbor of yesteryear.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That's a pretty cool film Cookie.
Having shot with 8mm and Super 8 it brings back some memories. Also the shots on Waikiki are pretty cool, having been there a few times. People standing on cars while being driven down the street, we don't see that anymore. If Ian sees this video he will have a fit. Even I was thinking, please don't tap the brakes with those people sitting on the fenders and on the roof of the cars.

Very happy people.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Thanks Terry, but, a girlfriend sent that to me, where she got it at I don't know. But, the film was so neat on so many levels.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks