Test Tee's - where to put them

Users who are viewing this thread

Takelargebites

Reaction score
Hello !
I'm re-plumbing my house (3 stories on a basement) and am trying to consider ease of future maintenance in the dwv design since at some point there will be a couple of tenants living here as well. What are your thoughts regarding the following:

1. Installing a test tee directly below the sanitary tee draining the lavatories? I could see this possibly being more useful on the 2nd and 3rd floors as we're further from the combo and clean out adapter in the basement serving each branch.

2. The trap arm (2" pvc) of my kitchen sink runs horizontally under a window. I was initially thinking I'd simply turn out of the wall with a 2" sweep 90 for the 1.5" trap. Then I thought about using a combo to turn out of the wall (probably about 8" off center of the sink) and then continue on through the combo to the other side of the sink cabinet and then sweep 90 out into the cabinet and terminate with a clean out. Is this worth the effort or is any clog probably going to be in the trap anyway?

3. Is there anything else you would do on your personal house to ease maintenance?

Thanks so much!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks