Propane Torch Recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bob R

Mechanical Engineer
Reaction score
Hi:

I spent part of the holiday weekend sweating in 3/4 ball valves in my hot water baseboard system. Why, because the line were run under a concrete floor and they are leaking. I'm trying to locate the leaks.

Well, the baseboard heaters are so close the the floor that I have to lay the bottle down to apply heat to the joint and the flame goes out.

The Bernzomatic web site recommends a torch with a regulator like their TS3000T. To me, it makes sense to go all the way and get a torch on a hose so the bottle stays upright.

Any recommendations?

thanks,

Bob

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
My torch will operate upside down, (although the manufacturer does not recommend doing so), and they no longer make "real" MAPP gas. The new mixture does not burn as hot as MAPP, but is hotter than Propane. Get a better torch, or one with a hose. IF you use a "MAPP" gas, be sure your torch has a tip which will not burn up when using it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks