I Hear Dripping Behind Wall

Users who are viewing this thread

fsoprano

Reaction score
I can distinctly hear dripping coming from my half bathroom. It sounds like it's coming from behind the wall in back of the toilet. The opposite wall has the washer behind it but it sounds like it's the toilet wall. I have checked the toilet for bubbles and leak noises thoroughly and cannot see or hear any leaks coming from the toilet. Any ideas before I make a hole in the wall? Thanks!

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Do you have a central AC system where the installer ran the condensate water line to the main drain line stack vent?

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
spend time to diagnose this before opening the wall. More water, less water. Hot hot water, cold water. Etc. If there is more noise when the pipes get hot, it could be a snap noise caused by expansion and rubbing, and therefore not a drip.

pdhawthorne

Reporter
Reaction score
cut the wall where the water line comes out for the toilet if that is where you hear it, it could the the threaded piece that is leaking, just cut it big enough to see in, if it is that then turn all water off to the house and cut wall bigger to replace bad section

water leak

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks