Toto Drake Drip

Users who are viewing this thread

l8night

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have two ADA Toto Drake toilets that my family just loves. I have noticed an interesting drip on one of the toilets though that I thought I would ask the team about. When fluid or solids are added to the bowl, I can hear a distinct drip resonate from the toilet before flushing. The drip does not occur after flushing or while the toilet has been sitting without use. The drip appears to only occur after something has been added to the toilet bowl and before flushing. I am guessing it is water flowing over the edge of the trap dripping down into drain outlet but do not seem to hear the drip on the second toilet. I have no leaks at the base of the toilet or underneath the toilet (checked in the crawlspace to be sure). The valve doesn't leak when the toilet isn't being used and water remains at the standard height in the tank when not used. I don't think it is a problem but a little odd as one toilet does it and the other does not (well not noticeable anyway). Does the team think my assumption is correct? If so, can anything be done to stop it?

Thanks,

Brett

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I think you're probably right. It may be the riser before the drain pipe makes its curve from vertical to horizontal...one may be longer than the other, or one may be cast iron and the other PVC. Anytime something is added to the bowl (which is generally sitting at max volume), some water must flow out over the weir and down the drain.

l8night

Reaction score
Thanks Jim. It was my guess but wasn't sure. I tried simply pouring water into the bowl late yesterday and could get it to occur. I thought the stool may not be level but checked it as well. I will note it but won't worry about it for now and just keep an eye on it. I appreciate your thoughts.

Brett

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks