Freedom: hauling liquor

Users who are viewing this thread

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
The problem, though, Cookie is that every 15 year old that wants to try pot (and there are many) has to delve into the criminal world just to buy a bit of weed. To buy it, they're probably meeting up with some very unsavorably characters who don't just sell weed but have their fingers in a lot of other nasty activities.

Call me dumb (dlarrivee, from Canada, on the other thread did) but I would not want my kids to go anywhere near a criminal.

I'd rather he get the weed from a shop if he was stupid enough to have to try it.

It's a bit like it being better to have people stupid enough to buy guns having to get them from shops rather than gun fairs.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
At the same token, having to go to a criminal just might be enough to stop more than you think. It is just too easy to walk into a store. Yeah about guns, but driving while packing a gun isn't going to make you weave into another lane.

I think, prostitution should be legalized here because, the time is right. It would cut down on disease, fatal diseases, get them health care, and rightfully, employed with even a social, so no need for the pimps. The mentality is such where most people can understand the need.

But, most will not understand the need for a pot store.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
California is ready and they seem to be nice over there.

1598R-42417.jpg

If push came to shove, I think I'd rather my kid play with pot than guns or....worse...fireworks.

Cookie

Reaction score
You can't bubble wrap the world Ian. It won't work. The best, the very best you can do is to teach your kids, and the best mode of teaching is always by example.

Cookie

Reaction score
If I ever learned one thing in life besides not to run with scissors, is that, you cannot have your cake and eat it, too.

Teach your children well.

I think Ian, when you ban things, you are proposing that people are not smart enough or willing enough to do what is right.

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
OK.

But if we don't ban things then we should make sure that they are controlled to ensure they are safe.

Fireworks should be regulated so they do not go off in your hand.

And guns should be controlled to make them safe too.

Control guns. Regulate them to make them safe.

That's just common sense.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
OK.

But if we don't ban things then we should make sure that they are controlled to ensure they are safe.

Fireworks should be regulated so they do not go off in your hand.

And guns should be controlled to make them safe too.

Control guns. Regulate them to make them safe.

That's just common sense.

Fireworks: like a hand grenade?
Guns: with a padlock on the trigger so you can tell a mugger: "excuse me while I unlock this, then you may continue"
my 2 cents, and that's not common.

Cookie

Reaction score
I think all of those are being done. That is why we have rules. Why we have licenses for guns or permits. Or why things come with a set of directions. Have you ever bought a product and you wonder why it needs to say the most basic elementary warning? Like for instance, if you buy an aerosol spray can of some sorts it might tell you not to heaten it up in the oven. Or that a deodorant spray is not meant to spray in your eyes or to be eaten? You get it right Ian?

Next step would be to ban aerosol cans, deodorants, everything. My question is how much safer can anyone make most anything? The balance is left to those in authority. If a gun is in the house, the parents must lock it up, put it up, put the bullets in another place, and of course, teach the kids first off. I have bought fireworks and read the directions. Anyone unsure of using these things, don't use them. But, no one has the right to ban everything for everyone when the majority of people are not going to light a roman candle and hold it.

It is all about choice.

Like the people who protest marriages between the same sexes. Someday I might surprise the boys and get married again, and when I do, it will be with a man, but, I feel and think, I have no right to say this is the only right choice. That happens to be my choice. Banning a book, owning a gun, a roman candle, or a marriage, is unthinkable.

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I just think that guns should be tested to make sure they are safe.

Like water heaters.

Why is the gun industry so special?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Like Cookie mentions above, we allow people certain freedoms, not based on what we would do, but rather to allow individual hopes, inspiration, and inventiveness. We hope for the best. That's freedom.
There are certain lines we draw, mainly to prevent injury to non-participating parties. Such as people driving vehicles on the road hammered.

I am reading articles lately that moderate drinking of both booze and coffee is good for you. Right on. I don't have to change a thing.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Like Cookie mentions above, we allow people certain freedoms, not based on what we would do, but rather to allow individual hopes, inspiration, and inventiveness. We hope for the best. That's freedom.
There are certain lines we draw, mainly to prevent injury to non-participating parties. Such as people driving vehicles on the road hammered.

I am reading articles lately that moderate drinking of both booze and coffee is good for you. Right on. I don't have to change a thing.

Terry why are you reading that UK funny paper?

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
I just think that guns should be tested to make sure they are safe.

Like water heaters.

Why is the gun industry so special?

Guns are far more tested than water heaters [not] -they must meet drop tests with safety on and off and bullet in chamber. Amongst others.

At least for the handler, likely safer than fireworks.

And what idiot would distill liquor at home when you can get a 1,5 litre for 8.99$ of vodka, add some juniper and rosemary and have gin.

Distilling booze at home is not like making wine or beer.

Cookie

Reaction score
A gun can kill, but Ian, it is the person behind the gun pulling the trigger which is the real danger. There is a book, it is actually a text book/novel, written by a child clinical psychologist, Johathan Kellerman, called Savage Spawn. (reflections on violent children)
In it will you will grow to understand that you could remove every gun, or explosive in this world and the danger still remains.

"The most effective way to fight violent crime in the short term is to focus upon habitually violent people when they are very young and not to get distracted by social theorizing that leads to nowhere." Kellerman

http://www.amazon.com/Savage-Spawn-Reflections-Children-Contemporary/dp/0345429397

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
60 rounds a minute?

There's the problem.

Automatic weapons should be banned.

Just how many intruders are you expecting?

Or is it just that Americans are such a bad shot that they need more than one go?

Cookie

Reaction score
If you can, take a look at the book, Ian.
We could then discuss it. That is what I did with my family, husband, and sons.

*I liked it best when we "discussed" the Chaos theory. I got them all upset. ( to illustrate you know) Chaos

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks