Supply stop specs

Users who are viewing this thread

Jwray

Reaction score
If I need to buy a compression supply stop to fit over 1/2 copper and connect to a flexible stainless steel supply line for toilets, lavs, kitchen sink, laundry sink, etc. how are the sizes specified?

I did not see a '1/2" compression' stop at the store?!

Are the outlet sizes different for the various fixtures or are they all the same size? What is/are the outlet size(s)?

Sorry if this is a basic question, but I'm trying to avoid too many extra trips to Lowes and the guy in the plumbing section couldn't really help.

Thanks,
Joel

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Since 1/2" copper is 5/8" OD, you would be looking for 5/8" compression by 3/8" compression.

Most lav and toilet supplies come with 3/8" ends and 1/2" IP connections for faucets and 7/8" for toilets.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
stops

If the guy in the plumbing section cannot help you with this most basic of plumbing questions, maybe he should be selling carpet. Compression fittings are sized by the tubing's outside diameter, which for 1/2" copper is 5/8", and since that is probably the only size stops Lowe's has, your, and the "helper's" choice should have been easy.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
hj said:
If the guy in the plumbing section cannot help you with this most basic of plumbing questions, maybe he should be selling carpet." choice QUOTE]

Roger that!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks