Manufacturer recommendation

Users who are viewing this thread

mrs3720

Reaction score
I want to put in a thermostatic shower valve in the new shower I am putting in. I hear that Moen has a thermostatic with a pressure balance valve called Posi-Temp. Would you recommend this valve or perhaps other forum members have used this? What manufacturer would you recommend. I want to have safety because my daughter is handicapped and I don't want anything to happen. What manufacturer is reliable as far as its faucets and valves? Once I finish it I want it to last.

Jeffreyhel

Reaction score
equal quality but better design is Delta Monitor or if you can afford it a grohe valve.

Lancaster

Reaction score
The Posi-Temp valve is pressure balancing but not thermostatic.
Moen's pressure balancing **and** thermostatic valve is called "ExactTemp".
I was not aware that Delta had a thermostatic valve.The Monitor series are pressure balancing.
Kohler has a couple of thermostatic valves but they are not pressure balancing.
Off hand I cant think of any major manufacturer that has a thermostatic **and** pressure balancing valve besides the ExactTemp.
Disclaimer,possibly the European manufacturers sell something like that,I just dont see enough of them to know.

moen_posi-temp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks