1 yr old water heater and its already ugly! please look

Users who are viewing this thread

gsinc

Reaction score
I just installed an electric water heater (brand GSW) a year and 4 months ago. Last week we stopped getting hot water due to the breaker blowing, I called over the electrician to trouble shoot and he said it was the lower element that went, So last night i tried replacing it but was sold the wrong element, as i was getting ready to change it, I shut power off, turned water off, drained tank and then pulled lower cover off and came across a rusty bottom. My question, is this normal, I have attached some pics of the lower and upper element hook ups and of the old element. I am going to store where it was purchased today to see if they have any advice on this, I just wanted some other unbias opionions with what i should do or if this is normal.

IMG-20110823-00273.jpgIMG-20110823-00274.jpgIMG-20110823-00275.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks