I am in the process of replacing and moving my water heater from the upstairs laundry room to our garage. I am installing an AO Smith Vertex water heater and I see I need to provide a method of disposing of the condensate. Since I will not be able to gravity feed the condensate to the tailpiece of an adjacent sink I decided to use a pump to feed the condensate to an adjacent standing pipe that will also be used for discharge from a water softener.

I see I will need a trap, pump and an air gap for the standing pipe. I was overwhelmed by the number of condensate pumps available and I was hoping someone here could help me narrow the choices based on their experience.

For the trap I was thinking about using EZ Trap http://www.airtecproducts.com/cleartrap_main.asp

For the standing pipe air gap I was thing of using Drain II Air Gap Adapter http://www.gamurdock.com/gam/out/GRO...p-Adapters.htm

If anyone has experience with either the trap or air gap, or thinks there are better solutions I would appreciate their feedback.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and consider my questions.