New Tub Filler

Users who are viewing this thread

drtedave

Reaction score
I have a 6' Jacuzzi tub with builder’s Delta Tub filler. I have a desire to change out the filler - ideally I would like to convert the present filler (two handles [hot & cold] and a spout) with a spout handle and hand shower.

Since the access to the faucet is extremely limited I don’t think that I can replace the entire unit. Therefore I think my options are limited. Is it imposible to replace these part to get the configuration I am looking for?

I think I can only replace the items that are outside of the tub. Does this mean I can only look at Delta?

The spout is removable and the handles are as well. Can I at least upgrade them to a nicer set? I am having trouble identifying and locating products that could be used to replace these parts. If I can not have the desired configuration I would at least like to replace the fixtures with something a little more appealing. Any ideas on where I might find the proper parts?

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The builder Roman Faucet by Delta can be trimmed many ways. I can't make their web site work, so I have to refer to their paper catalog.
Anyway, the answer is yes to new handles and spout, there are many choices that fit the standard Delta valves.

Adding a personal spray will be hard without cutting below the deck and adding a diverter valve.

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
For some reason I too could not get the Delta website to bring up the specs pages. But in general Delta uses a small number of different "bases" or rough-ins. There is probably a wide range of replacement trims which would work for you ( different styles and finishes). The diverter for a hand held is going to be a problem.

As to your basic question, do you have to get Delta trim? Well, you can't take a door off your Ford and expect it to fit on your Chevy. And expecting faucet parts from one manufacturer to fit anothers model is in the same category.

drtedave

Reaction score
Thank You

Thanks very much for the answers. It does sound as though I have options but I still have no way of knowing what the options are because of the difficulty with the web site. I am curious if you (Terry) carry the trim pieces from Delta?

I am tinking that I should call the company and ask for a copy of the hard copy catalog pick a product out and then order it from Terry. Does this sound like a reasonable plan of action? Will all trim pieces from Delta fit on the valves already installed or must I be carefull to look for a particular matching characteristic?

Thanks again for the help to both Jimbo & Terry! :D

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
From the website pictures you may be able to identify the model you now have. Then, the catalog will be able to tell you what trims are interchangeable. Is there a good plumbing supply house or showroom nearby? They would have catalogs.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks