What size for pH neutralizer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Shooter45

Reaction score
Can someone help choose which size ph neutralizer I need for our new home with water well? Having a hard time deciding between the 1.5 or 2.0 cu.ft.
House is 3 bathroom and 4 people. 2 of which are teenage girls who love long showers.
I tested the well and it produced 5 gal. in 24 seconds which I calculated to be roughly 12.5 gpm? I also ran this "Flow Rate Test for Wells" - http://www.cleanwaterstore.com/technical/water-treatment-calculations/body_flow_rate.html and came up with 8.81 gpm

ph is - 6.5
Which would be a good size for us?

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you have the flow rate then the 2.0 would be a good choice.

Is there any thing else in the water like iron?

Which control or valve where you looking to have on the unit?

Shooter45

Reaction score
If you have the flow rate then the 2.0 would be a good choice.

Is there any thing else in the water like iron?

Which control or valve where you looking to have on the unit?

Haven't had it tested for iron but I do believe there is some because we do get a thin reddish orange film in toilet bowls.
Would like the 5600 for the simplicity but have been told that 2.0 works best with the 7000.
Looking at the flow I posted do you think it is enough for the 2.0?

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
2 cubic calcite would need 7gpm for its back washing.
The 2510 from fleck would be a better choice over the 7000 valve.
The 7000 is good but is more for higher flow rates.
The 5600 has no way of changing any of the parts of the backwash and rinse, while the 2510 the pins can be added to add time to the backwash and spaces added for a slow rinse and pins added for the rapid rinse.
The 7000 is all digital in its control and more expense if that control goes bad, the 2510 has 2 motors one for the piston and then one for the timer control.. the piston motor is very likely never to go bad while the timer motor could go out it is in the 40.00 range.. digital control for the 7000 would in the 200.00 range.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
The 1.5 runs lower back wash rate and a lower service flow rate and it might not be enough time for the water to be corrected to above 7.0..

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks