Plumbing reversed on Kinetico water softener

Users who are viewing this thread

Chevy427

Reaction score
I don't think there is anything in the owner's manual but in the tech sheet. Let me know if you are still losing pressure.

RMB

Reaction score
I am still having problems with pressure loss on one side only. The other side does not have a noticeable loss in pressure. When looking at the dual tanks, the one on the right has the valve over it. When turning the adjustment screw for a manual regeneration, the brine-rinse cycle on the right causes a loss in pressure. The water at the faucets doesn't completely shut off, but it is down to a slow stream for about 5 minutes.

Chevy427

Reaction score
The piston may be stuck and only partly opened. Have you ever taken the valve apart? Is there a prefilter on the unit?

RMB

Reaction score
The piston may be stuck and only partly opened. Have you ever taken the valve apart? Is there a prefilter on the unit?

I have not taken the valve apart. If the prefilter is external to the softener, then it doesn't have one.

I would love to take the valve apart to try to figure out what is going on, but I have absolutely no idea what is inside the valve or what I am looking for. That is one of the reasons I would like to see an exploded view of the valve. I am not too thrilled with Kinetico for hiding this information. Does any other company make a similar valve with an actual manual that could give me some idea what is in the valve?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I have had customers with that Kinetico softener, and it was so "plugged up" that they had to have Kinetico remove it and rebuild it. Kinetico is NOT one of my recommended softeners. They are like Culligan, over priced and over hyped.

Chevy427

Reaction score
I have not taken the valve apart. If the prefilter is external to the softener, then it doesn't have one.

I would love to take the valve apart to try to figure out what is going on, but I have absolutely no idea what is inside the valve or what I am looking for. That is one of the reasons I would like to see an exploded view of the valve. I am not too thrilled with Kinetico for hiding this information. Does any other company make a similar valve with an actual manual that could give me some idea what is in the valve?

I can walk you through it. Not so difficult. Can you send me your email address?

kodybear

Reaction score
Kinetico Model 30

I have a Kinetico Model 30 that is about 11 years old After some problems developed I disassembled the entire head and cleaned it as well as the brian tank and tubing I also rebedded the tanks I am still having problems with what seems to me to be a very long backwash cycle That is the brian rinse and the backwash cycle It takes the better part of 3 hours to complete these cycle It also still doesn't appear to be using any salt The ventury valve in the head is clear as will as all the brian tubing and valve

Jerald Clark

Reaction score
I read this thread with great interest .I had been trying to get my Kinetico 2060s to hold softwater through entire cycle which I purchased used. . I changed resin and had the local Kinetico dealer check the valve . Everything looked good but just would not hold soft water through entire cycle. After reading about the Kinetico bypass valve being able to criss-cross crossing the input to output I disconnected the bypass and turned the supply on sure enough the inlet water was entering the outlet side of the valve. . I had never considered this falsely believing mechanically the gears would not advance if this were the case. Even though I have a newer bypass I found they can be setup to perform the criss-cross function . On the newer valves all the functions or there, it is just a matter of how the label was setup upon installation. After five years my softener is finally performing as it should.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks