Hurricane Irene

Users who are viewing this thread

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Well, Irene looks to be intensifying and its track is turning towards DC.

This storm was likely caused by global warming which was mostly man-made through Americans failing to change their lifestyle.

I really hope DC is spared. DC represents all that is good about America.

I'm lucky. I have a Zoeller sump pump that could discharge that sucker to the curb all on its own

map_tropprjpath09_ltst_5nhato_enus_600x405.jpg

Last edited:

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
could not resist this one. FEE FI FO FUM, I......................................

Well if it misses DC, I guess it should miss Long Island as well, but I have no Zoeller Pump.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
There is very little reason to live in America without a Zoeller.

Why else would you stay here?

I have a spare bronze one in my basement that I am itching to install.

A fine piece of American manufacturing. In fact, the finest.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
There is very little reason to live in America without a Zoeller.

Why else would you stay here?

I have a spare bronze one in my basement that I am itching to install.

A fine piece of American manufacturing. In fact, the finest.

......smell the blood of an.......................

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Nope, not this time Bob.

I have a Zoeller in a plastic bucket and, as you know, one of the things I do like about America is its pumps.

I would trust an American car as far as I could push it....and, trust me, I would have to push it.

But I would trust an American Zoeller and its backup with my life. That Zoeller could pump a Cat 4 to the curb.

It really is a great pump.

Come to America. The sump pumps (and the burgers) are the best in the world.

If you are looking for an angle stop, go to Canada on your way.

If your looking for a car....don't come.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Fie, foh, and fum. All this rain; my beanstalk is growing tall. I tell you, there IS one thing I like about England, but I just can't seem to remember what that was. I wonder why I can't stay away from here; must be my European roots' weakness? I guess.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
You'd like England Bob.

You're not in Europe because your ancestors were a little bit overly keen on religion.

That's all. All countries have their funny bunch. We see the same today in many parts of the world.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
You'd like England Bob.

You're not in Europe because your ancestors were a little bit overly keen on religion.

That's all. All countries have their funny bunch. We see the same today in many parts of the world.

No Ian, I am not in Europe because my ancestors were victims of persecution by some idiots there. some were killed there as well. That's why *I* am not in Europe. I have been to Europe many times on business, and although it is very scenic (but so is the USA), I much prefer the mix of people here and our freedom, especially being able to see out of the box, and not having to stay within the lines. You keep saying we like rules here, but in Europe,: HA HA! People are strange there for an American visitor. Its like people are born there with little hard wired programs in their heads. don't do this, don't do that! I like it here, and I'm staying.

Last post for me for a while. I see others except cookie are gone.

Cookie

Reaction score
Good morning Bob! :)

Good morning Ian.

When I was a little girl my mom used to make me teach my brother. It didn't matter what, it could be anything, math, reading, anything, but, I would say, " mom, he doesn't want to learn." She would say, "stick him with a pencil!" I knew even back then that their had to be a better way, and wouldn't. But, Ian, I would follow my mom's advice and stick you with a pencil! ;)

Have a good day. lol.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Good morning Bob! :)

Good morning Ian.

When I was a little girl my mom used to make me teach my brother. It didn't matter what, it could be anything, math, reading, anything, but, I would say, " mom, he doesn't want to learn." She would say, "stick him with a pencil!" I knew even back then that their had to be a better way, and wouldn't. But, Ian, I would follow my mom's advice and stick you with a pencil! ;)

Have a good day. lol.
when I was much younger, my Italian friends talked about ice picks, not pencils!:eek:

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Hmm, a little bit of an Earthquake is happening as I type this!

Now its on the news 5.8 Mag centered in VA near DC!

how'd that feel Ian? I had nothing to do with it, I promise you!

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
God speaks Bob when you (and the others) threaten to bouycott Ian's corner.

Leaving me to speak to myself.

Shame on you!

Terry Love

Plumber
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Maybe next Summer I should go to Europe. I hear Greece is very nice.
My brother likes to vacation in France.

I would love to swim in the Mediterranean there. It looks so nice.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
If anything on that order, I would think it was you that was being forwarned of things to come if you keep speaking ill of this fine country you are presently living in; remember, it was centered in YOUR corner.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I was not speaking ill!

Just constructive criticism.

9% unemployment. 25 million Americans underemployed. Downgraded Credit Rating. 10,000 gun deaths a year. A $14 trillion deficit etc.

I think those merit solutions. Evidently others don't. Happy to see China wave by.

And you're right. It is a fine country. But I'd like to see it made a Great one.

And to do that...in a nutshell...you need to learn from what has worked elsewhere.

Last edited:

Terry Love

Plumber
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Ian,
The funny thing here, is that I always considered Europeans as fuddy duddy's. People very entrenched with the old ideas and that the people that motivated themselves the hell out of there to start like anew were the ones that were never satisfied with the status quo. They moved to the US.
And yet, here you go wanting better and better things, and it's the people here that don't want any changes. Very strange.

And yet the people here say this is as good as it gets. Really?
It's a good thing we have Apple, Microsoft, Boeing, Starbucks and others that lead.
I'm all for newer, better, more efficient.

If this storm is being caused by Ian's computer overheating, then I may have a gripe.
It's been working overtime.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks