New Well Pump Now Small Leak Near Shut Off Valves

Users who are viewing this thread

reddsky

Reaction score
We just replaced our well pump due to old pump surging. Guys were able to drop the pump another 40' which is great; especially since we are amidst a severe drought. They also adjusted the water pressure to higher than it was. Everything is great e.g. we have ample water pressure and can now run sprinklers at night and still have water in the house!
Fast forward to approximately 30 days later. Determined we had a small leak at one of the sprinkler heads so needed to shut off water to that part of the system. We have two shut off valves. One is for the house and the other for barn, sprinklers etc. When I got into the box, I noticed some minor moisture on top of the pipes and what appear to be 'nuts' of some sort? I went ahead and turned off the water so I can dig and repair the sprinkler. It seemed as though the 'leak' diminished or quit altogether (?) while that valve was closed. When I went back to re-open the valve, I could hear the water coming through and bingo...the area began to leak albeit minor. Has this somehow been caused by the new pump and increased water pressure?
I will be calling the company that installed the new pump etc. tomorrow, but wanted to see what I could glean prior.
btw, I am a girl and have basically NO plumbing knowledge whatsoever. :confused:

Thank you for any insight.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks