(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I don't understand circumcision surgery in America

Sorry, but you stand to be corrected on that, the scientific studies are far from finished and not an absolute. It is still recommended to be circumsized for health reasons. Was just there with my grandson.

As much fun as this MAY have been, stop feeding the troll, please.
    I am definitely not a pro plumber, but I am a pro crastinator

Senior Robin Hood Guy Ian Gills's Avatar

I'm a warlock. Snake blood.

Bob get the garlic out.

Or... is that for vampires?

http://news.yahoo.com/doctor-says-su...211620233.html

SHELBYVILLE, Ky. (AP) — A Kentucky doctor said Monday that he saved a truck driver's life when he amputated part of the man's ***** after discovering a rare and deadly cancer, but the man told a jury he wanted to escape from the hospital when he learned it was removed without his knowledge.

The truck driver, Phillip Seaton, 64, of Waddy, is suing Dr. John Patterson, who performed the 2007 surgery that was initially meant to be a simple circumcision to relieve inflammation.

"What I saw was not a *****. What I saw was cancer," Patterson, a Frankfort urologist, testified in Shelby County Circuit Court.

Patterson said he removed less than an inch of Seaton's *****. The rest of the ***** was amputated by another doctor later, said Patterson's lawyer, Clay Robinson.

Seaton's wife, Deborah, is also a plaintiff in the suit, which seeks unspecified damages for "loss of service, love and affection."

In earlier testimony, Phillip Seaton described the moments after being told part of his ***** had been removed.

"I pulled the dressing down, and I didn't see nothing," Seaton said under questioning by his attorney, Kevin George. "Then I came out of the restroom and I said, 'I'm getting the hell out of this damn hospital.'"

Patterson testified the cancer prevented him from inserting a catheter into Seaton's urethra, and he was concerned about the possibility of kidney damage from urinary retention. Although Deborah Seaton was in the hospital waiting room, the doctor said he did not consult her because she had not accompanied her husband to office visits or into the pre-operation area, which he thought was unusual.

"My impression was she would not be someone I would ask what he would want," Patterson testified.

Deborah Seaton testified that if the doctor had consulted her after finding the cancer, she would have advised him to halt the surgery and wake up her husband.

"It's his body," she said. "He should have a say in it."

Phillip Seaton had earlier testified about his emotional state since the surgery, saying he was a "bad case."

"I didn't have no say in it," he testified. "I wasn't told what had to be done. It was just done."

Seaton testified that Patterson had told him he would cut foreskin during the circumcision and described it as "more or less in and out." He said he had even joked with the doctor about the procedure.

During opening arguments, Robinson said Seaton had before the surgery initialed a document authorizing treatment in unforeseen circumstances.

George said the document had been read to Seaton because he cannot read.

The eight-woman, six-man jury was shown graphic images early in the day.

George presented four photographs of Seaton's groin saying, "You can see there's nothing there." He also told jurors that Seaton "doesn't feel like a man" anymore.

Robinson offered up a photograph of the cancerous tip of a ***** — not Seaton's.

Seaton's brother, David Seaton, testified that Phillip Seaton has been depressed and angry since the surgery.

"The spark is gone out of his life. He used to be such a happy person," David Seaton testified.

The jury includes two alternates.

Testimony is scheduled to resume Tuesday.

Uncircumsized men have a greater risk of penile cancer. That is a fact.

General Engineering Contractor ballvalve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Uncircumsized men have a greater risk of penile cancer. That is a fact.
    Use Gold bond medicated powder. Zinc kills everything and keeps the sausage tip dry. Be careful of unplanned sexual encounters, however.

Quote Originally Posted by ballvalve View Post
    Use Gold bond medicated powder. Zinc kills everything and keeps the sausage tip dry. Be careful of unplanned sexual encounters, however.
    so you recommend galvanized pipe?

ductile iron pipe is better, and HDPE even more so, but a good level of zinc coating on a pipe works wonders.

ductile iron pipe is better, and HDPE even more so, but a good level of zinc coating on a pipe works wonders.
    LOL, what a pickle.

Maybe that explains why this is cookies corner instead of Ian's - He's out having his pipe snipped.

Circumcision started in the US as a means to stop boys from masturbating. Prior to the 1850's, boys in America were not circumcised. Doctors also claimed that it cured wet dreams, syphilis, epilepsy, curvature of the spine, clubfoot and many other diseases (see http://www.icgi.org/medicalization ). Starting in 1985, the rate of circumcision in the US began to decline. The rate of intact to circumcised boys vary as to what region of the US you live in. In the western United States, far fewer boys have been circumcised than in the eastern US. The cost of circumcision varies with each state in the US but cost between $150 to $500; many health insurance companies as well as Medicaid now refused to pay for it--they view it as an elective, cosmetic procedure.

Many doctors give incorrect advise as to the care of an intact boy. The way to care for an intact boy is very easy. You do nothing. The foreskin often is "tight" and does not retract until the boy is 9 or 10. With spontanious nightime errections (and mastrabation), the foreskin losens up on its own.

Most American woman do not have a problem with intact men. If that were the case, no American woman would be romantically interested in a man from Europe or the rest of the world.

No comment,

Maybe that explains why this is cookies corner instead of Ian's - He's out having his pipe snipped.

Senior Robin Hood Guy Ian Gills's Avatar

No comment,
    That's a first!