(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: I don't understand circumcision surgery in America

Senior Robin Hood Guy Ian Gills's Avatar

Default I don't understand circumcision surgery in America

This is probably a little fine line with the mods but any European that has a boy child here in America had best beware.

In Europe, circumcision is reserved for those few of the faith, typically Jews.

In America, they're all at it!

I say keep the skin. Or let the boy decide for himself someday.

It's crazy here!

Last edited by Ian Gills; 08-18-2011 at 05:23 PM.

Ian,
    Finally something that I agree with you about!

I think this is one of those "We've always done it, so we should keep doing it" kind of things - not really done thoughtfully as a society for medical or religious reasons but "just because."

Two points,
    From the American girls I've talked to,
    Here in the states you are much more likely to recieve oral sex if your circumcized.

Second, being circumcized there is a reduced risk of catching AIDs. But this is information gained after the fact,
    Michael
    Michael
    Sac City Plumbing
    http://SacCityPlumbing.com

Did you know that NYC fire hydrants are styled that way?
    I am definitely not a pro plumber, but I am a pro crastinator

The practice began during WWI when thousands of soldiers were exposed to venerial desease. It was thought that circumcision would make cleaning and treating the area easier. The practice stuck. Though still common it is no longer done automatically at birth anymore and the parents have to request it now.
    [B]No, plumbing ain't rocket science. Unlike rocket science, plumbing requires a license[B]

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer View Post
    The practice began during WWI when thousands of soldiers were exposed to venerial desease. It was thought that circumcision would make cleaning and treating the area easier. The practice stuck. Though still common it is no longer done automatically at birth anymore and the parents have to request it now.

Consent from parents has always been a requirement, but it really depends on how the doctor asks the question. Now there is more of an attempt to actually have parents weigh the risks vs the benefits than in days gone by.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gills View Post
    This is probably a little fine line with the mods but any European that has a boy child here in America had best beware.

In Europe, circumcision is reserved for those few of the faith, typically Jews.
    In America, they're all at it!
    I say keep the skin. Or let the boy decide for himself someday.
    It's crazy here!

It is simple Ian. If its unnecessary, gets in the way, and serves no useful purpose, we cut it. Just like taxes.

it is just a simple little ... whack... Ian. You won't even miss it. Just don't distract them.

General Engineering Contractor ballvalve's Avatar

Best reason not to be circumsized is in case an arab nut case hi-jacks your plane, or for the upcoming ww3 in the mid east.

Lot of Arabs still circumsize their WOMEN. That'll keep them in the compound kitchen and out of the cowboy bars.

That's deeeeeesgusting
    [B]No, plumbing ain't rocket science. Unlike rocket science, plumbing requires a license[B]

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer View Post
    That's deeeeeesgusting
    As I sometimes find the OP to be; OK, maybe more than sometimes.

Senior Robin Hood Guy Ian Gills's Avatar

It's another case of Americans not thinking things through.

It's sexual mutilation. There are lots of nerves in that bit you know which makes for more fun later on in life.

American men who've had it done don't enjoy sex as much.

And that's a fact you can take to the Bank.

Let's cut healthcare costs by banning circumcision.

And I am not disgusting. I just like asking the difficult questions - which it appears most Americans shy away from.

And those that do ask them have been lawyers for the IRS chasing taxes; taken earmarks; and lobbied for stimulus even though they now argue against them. There is no time for Tea.
    Last edited by Ian Gills; 08-19-2011 at 06:27 PM.

There is another reason that many American men once as boys, will most likely be able to relate with as well as many teachers in the public schools. (who have to intervene) Boys will be boys and will taunt and tease those who are uncircumsized and this will be noticed during showering after gym class. It is what it is. Save the health care costs elsewhere. Besides, I don't know if you know this or not, but it costs the insurance company 2 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    There is another reason that many American men once as boys, will most likely be able to relate with as well as many teachers in the public schools. (who have to intervene) Boys will be boys and will taunt and tease those who are uncircumsized and this will be noticed during showering after gym class. It is what it is. Save the health care costs elsewhere. Besides, I don't know if you know this or not, but it costs the insurance company 2 bucks.
    In case anybody noticed, I removed my posts that I was not proud of. Ian just seems to bring out the best in us. LOL, LOL, ROTFLMAO!

I may not had read all the posts at times, but, I didn't see anything wrong with your posts Bob. Ian's, yes, lol, yours no... not what I saw.

But, what I wrote was the truth. It starts early in school, too. I taught first grade fine motor and gross motor, along with reading, but, gross motor was using the large muscles in the body which required showering after class. I heard it all, and had to intervene.

Personally, I don't know where he thinks it would save on healthcare costs because it is elected surgeries.