Help with water test results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Shooter45

Reaction score
Posted this in the Well Water forum and was told I might get a better response here.

We just got our test results back on our well and I have tried pulling a few websites to interpret the results but have not had any luck. Could someone knowledgeable in this area please help with the numbers?
Bacteria was done on a separate test and came back good at 0/100. The other test is listed below.

Well Water
EPA 200.7

Arsenic - ND mg/L 0.0100
Calcium - 2.14 mg/L 5.00
Copper - 0.00149 mg/L 0.0250
Hardness - 9.68 mg/L 0.500
Lead - 0.00544 mg/L 0.0100
Magnesium - 1.05 mg/L 5.00
pH 6.59

I have also noticed an orange looking film at the bottom of the toilets which I am guessing is iron? There is no noticeable smell to the water at all.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Iron staining is orange, but there is nothing about the iron in what you posted in the water test.

What are you looking to do with the water?

The ph could be a challenge if you have copper in the house.

Either calcite to bring the ph up or soda ash injection to bring the ph up to above 7.0

Shooter45

Reaction score
Iron staining is orange, but there is nothing about the iron in what you posted in the water test.

What are you looking to do with the water?

The ph could be a challenge if you have copper in the house.

Either calcite to bring the ph up or soda ash injection to bring the ph up to above 7.0

We did fail to get the iron tested in the water test.

The water well is for our newly constructed house so it will be used as drinking water and everyday normal use.
We do have copper pipes in a slab foundation.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would at least do a calcite backwahing system, it will correct the ph and maybe even remove some of the iron that is in the water.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks