help with venting

Users who are viewing this thread

JasonMartin1313

Reaction score
Hello
I am looking for help with venting my basement bathroom. All walls are available for venting although the lower wall in the picture and the far right wall are the preferred walls to run in. Looking for any advice, thanks all.

bathroom.jpg

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
No pink. wet vent the whole bath through the lav. You will need to provide the bar sink with it's own vent though

JasonMartin1313

Reaction score
awesome, so the lav would be changed to 2". Next question is the sump, it has 3" threads for the vent pipe, question is, is 2" sufficient for the sump as well? I do not see anything that dictates the vent size. I had read once that it had to be a dedicated run as well or else it could effect ptraps when cycling on/off, is that true?

Phaedrus123

In the Trades
Reaction score
sump vent

sump vent must run individually thru roof and min half diameter of waste but 1ft below roof line increase to 3in

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Separate sump vent is a local issue and requirement, and 2" is usually all that is required, ( I have never seen a domestic ejector basin with an opening for a 3" vent). The underground piping must usually be 2", and the shower has to be revised to provide for its own vent since the toilet waste flow passes across its connection to the main line.

JasonMartin1313

Reaction score
Ok so here is the updated plan, 2" drain to lav, wet venting the wc. Added the 2" vent to the shower, the bar sink would be aav vented since it is probably going to be free standing with no access to above. I also included the 2" dedicated vent from the sewage basin, (3" protrusion through the roof). Thanks for the inputs all. As far as buring the pipes under the concrete, gravel or sand ok? also the protrusion through the floor, wrap them in duct tape to allow for movement?

bathroom2.JPG

Attachments

• bathroom2.JPG
    bathroom2.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 306

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
a straight shot from the WC to the end is better ;
2ndly: combine the vented lav drain to the bar sink and the shower
(this puts the WC downstream of the cleaner stuff. I think it makes it a bathroom group.)
You haven't written anything that makes me think you couldn't do this.
This might be a raised floor or you might be cutting a slab.
Nonetheless, I haven't seen any reason not to go straight from the WC to the end.

JasonMartin1313

Reaction score
This is all in the basement, the reason it is "L" shaped is because that is the shape of the foundation wall. I cant make a straight line from the wc to basin for that reason. I cant vent the bar sink with the lav because the bar will not extend to the ceiling nor will it touch a wall, it is more like an island. Thanks for the input

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The bar sink may not drain well with only the AAV on it. You may need to get a bit more complex and use something like a loop vent (see what the pros have to say).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks