Which country will bail out first??

Users who are viewing this thread

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
America resembles Russia like it does Pakistan. Russia is a confused, violent, lawless and fairness-less mess and always has been. You must not have been there, at least not in the countryside.

And they know how to properly drink, unlike Americans.

The point was is everything America stands for really to be found here? Is it?

God, yes. I will absolutely agree that America is God's Country. The proof is in the Church traffic and the taxpayer-provided police that direct it.

But is it free? No liqour on a Sunday. Not being able to post anything except US mail through a post box. Etc. Lots of rules. Not unlike Russia. Americans love their rules.

And the dream is long gone.

At least MGs can go round corners. American cars simply cannot.

America has great fruit though. It should return to farming. And leave the technical stuff to the Canadians and Europeans.

Last edited:

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
I have a mountain of tires worn out from driving roads like on the coast of italy.... Dodge caravans, pickups, jeeps, flatbeds, all US iron, all around millions of corners with drop offs miles below. Never missed one yet.

One inherited Subaru from Japan was the worst of all, and seemed to have the most issues. Waiting to get the excavator over to 'modify' it for the scrap yard.

Better move here, liquor on Easter Sunday even. I think your bars are open on Sunday, however.

I havent seen any Europeans or Canadians on the moon. So I think we'll keep the tech stuff. All that crap we buy from china and japan was designed here anyway. And WE taught them the methods to produce at a profit, like idiots.

Where exactly is that English mars rover that was designed for 1 year that ran for 5 plus?

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
You threw money and pensions at the guys that built the space program.

We have public health care, instead.

You went to the moon. Once.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Alright, six times out of seven attempts.

You'll never meet a poor NASA retiree though.

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they will provide big pensions.

Last edited:

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Going to the moon spawned hundreds of devices that changed our world today. And imagine doing it with computers smaller than whats in your cell phone today.

Having a deranged Nazi designing our first rockets helped too. And your Peter Sellers did well in "Dr. Strangelove"

My mentor after dad and a crazy uncle that even made his own hacksaws, was a tool designer, for Apollo rocket engines, generally. Probably the highest level of multiple skills needed in any profession.

Bent the tubing for the engines in SS in such a way that no human had ever imagined could be done before. All of his vast knowledge still lives in the defense and NASA work. Take that away and we really are back to apple orchards.

When I started my business[es] I was poor as that guy under the bridge in DC. So I built most of my production machinery and even dug one 3000# bandsaw out of a swamp bed. All still running 30 years later.

Thank god for his pension, it still keeps him alive near 100 years old [and you owe him for building the wings of the b-25's that saved England] Incredibly, he was a concientious objector to the WW2, and good thing for that!

Otherwise you might be German, and we WOULD have been to the moon once out of 7 attempts.

Actually you look like a German. Are we being scammed? It would explain your distaste for Liberty ships.

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
A bad boat is a bad boat. It doesn't take a German to spot one.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks