Good pressure for 30 minutes, then drops off

Users who are viewing this thread

kkrepcik

Reaction score
I have a well that was drilled to 160' with a water level of about 80'. It pulled over 20gpm when drilled. I put in a sprinkler system several years ago, no problem with water pressure (4gpm total per zone). 2 years ago or so, I put in an extra pressure tank for water storage mainly (to keep pump from cycling so much).

I started having issues with good pressure for 10 minutes of continuous running water (sprinklers), then the pressure would drop to about 14-16psi with the pump running. Shut off sprinklers and the pressure would go back to normal. I took out the other pressure tank (started right after I put it in). Still an issue, replaced the pressure switch, and replaced tank to a 80 gallon tank in the last month. It has gotten better (30-35 minutes before drop off).

Specs/info:
1.5hp sub pump
Well pump height is about 140'
1" main into house, about 50 feet from house
When no water usage, pressure stays at a constant pressure (system leaks)
I don't have any problem with air coming thru my system (pump cavitation)

Any help out there before I call the Pump guys?

Thanks
Kevin

Last edited by a moderator:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Calling the pump guys to lower the pump to 158' might help. If it doesn't you should call a preacher because it sounds like you are pumping the well off.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks