Help watering rc track :)

Users who are viewing this thread

justin_92_92

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Remote controlled Car race track that i need to provide water for. I really just want to run a few sprinklers at a time and maybe zone them and rotate to cover the track. Im having trouble getting this accomplished and need some help.

Water source- 300 ft away (brooke)
Current Pumps- I have two 1/2hp jet pumps available already but willing to purchase something different if needed.
Currently running a 1-1/4 water line from brooke to the pump 300ft away with a foot valve on end. Not enough pressure to run one sprinkler.
I also run the pump off a generator as we have no electricity there.

If running both pumps will work, i will do that. If getting a bigger better pump is my answer I will go that route...but trying to keep cost down if I can.

Thanks for any help you may be!

Justin

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
If you have a large enough suction line and the 300' of pipe doesn't go uphill, a 1/2 HP jet pump should run about 3 sprinklers. If your pipe goes uphill, you may need a larger pump.

justin_92_92

Reaction score
From the water source to the track is probably less than 10' rise. Mostly all long the same level.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Where is this 300 feet of pipe, before or after the pump? If before, sucking from 300 feet away is a bad idea.

justin_92_92

Reaction score
Yeah the way I have it set right now it goes:

Water-footvalve-300' of 1-1/4 line-pump-garden hose to sprinkler.

I was thinking about adding a second pump, which i found out was a pool pump :( Is a pool pump going to do any good?

justin_92_92

Reaction score
Ok, The main reason i didnt was I was thinking a pump (shallow well 1/2 hp) would pull better than it pushes, But wasnt sure.

justin_92_92

Reaction score
wow...way better...my foot valve was stuck open too due to sand getting in it. What a difference pushing makes!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks